This job has Expired
See Position Description
Snead State Community College
The Instructor is responsible for the planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom or online instruction and related activities. The Instructor is responsible for performing assigned duties during the day, evening, or weekend on any College campus as assigned. As a minimum, the related activities include instruction, academic advising, serving on various committees, participating in local, state, regional, and national professional activities and organizations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. For academic teaching fields (i.e., math, history, biology, etc.) a Master’s degree with 18 graduate semester hours from a regionally accredited institution in the teaching field required.
2. For technical teaching fields (i.e., EET, CIS Technology, etc.) an Associate degree from a regionally accredited institution, a major in the assigned teaching area, and three years of successful full-time experience as a practitioner in the technical field required.
3. For occupational teaching fields (i.e., cosmetology, office administration) an Associate degree or equivalent from a regionally accredited institution. Equivalency with at least 60 semester hours in a planned program including an associate degree core, specialized coursework equivalent to the community college program, and a minimum of 3 years of successful fulltime experience as a practitioner in the occupational field required. Possess valid and current certifications or licenses that may be required in teaching field required.
4. For non-credit teaching fields (Business and Industry, Continuing Education, Ready to Work and Career Skills, etc.) Snead State Community College is seeking qualified part-time instructors to fill in as needed.
6. Teaching experience preferred.
Application Procedures/Additional Information
Based on Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees Local Salary Schedule Adjuncts $500 per credit/contact hour; Part time Instructors up to $34,000 per year. This position is not eligible for benefits (i.e. insurance, retirement, leave, etc.).
A complete application packet consists of:
1. A completed SSCC employment application
2. Current resume
3. Transcripts verifying required degree/certification (unofficial copies will be accepted before the deadline but official transcripts from all colleges must be on file prior to employment). Transcripts must include conferred or awarded date.
If you have problems completing your application or need assistance, please contact Human Resources Department at Snead State email HR@Snead.edu (Amy Simmons 256-571-0607 or Amanda Gunnels 256-840-4113).
Please Note: all application materials must be scanned. It is recommended that you have scanned copies of your resume, transcripts, and any other documents ready when you begin the on-line application process. Application materials may not be faxed or emailed.
It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, including all postsecondary community and technical colleges under the control of the Alabama Community College System Board of Trustees, that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion, on the basis of any impermissible criterion or characteristic including, without limitation, race, color, national origin, religion, marital status, disability, sex, age, or any other protected class as defined by federal and state law, shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Snead State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. Applicants must adhere to the College’s prescribed interview schedule and must travel at their own expense. The College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement any time prior to the awarding. More than one position in the same job classification may be filled from the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process.
Note: In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and procedures, the applicant chosen for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon the receipt of a clearance notification from the criminal background check. Snead State Community College is an active participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-verify). E-verify electronically confirms an employee’s eligibility to work in the United States as required by the Department of Homeland Security.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities