City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
The Federal Work Study Program (FWS) is a federally-funded financial aid program that provides subsidized part-time employment for eligible students in order to assist them with postsecondary financial needs. City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) complies with the Department of Education’s regulations regarding the FWS program and allows students to benefit from this opportunity.
The FWS program encourages students to gain experience in their prospective fields by placing them in areas and departments aligned with their area of study whenever possible. Students are able to use their wages towards educational and living expenses.
FWS jobs are available in areas such as academic departments, laboratories, libraries, administrative offices, student centers and several off-campus locations.
Peer mentors welcome and support incoming students by:
Connecting students with campus resources, planning and leading social events, hosting, and moderating virtual spaces, visiting classes, sending inspirational texts, conducting check-in phone calls, and holding office hours to meet with students in person and via Zoom.
Specific Skills or Knowledge includes:
- Experience using HWC academic resources
- Comfort speaking with new students
- Comfort using a variety of social media platforms.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Applicants must be 16 years or older, have work permit consent, and eligible to work in the United States
- Applicants must be actively attending one of the City Colleges of Chicago
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 semester hours pre-credit or credit classes
- Applicants must be pursuing an approved educational credential, degree, or certificate
- Applicants must have and maintain a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA (waived for first semester new students)
- Applicants must be in “good standing” – no City Colleges of Chicago academic restrictions
- Applicants must not be current Full or Part-time employees of the City Colleges of Chicago
- All positions are “employment at-will”
City Colleges of Chicago is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities