This job has Expired
Salary : Depends on Qualifications
Location : West Monroe Campus, LA
Job Type : Full-time 12-mon
Department : DeltaLINC
Job Number : 00694
Full Job Description
The ESL Instructor will be responsible for helping students improve their basic English language skills, written and verbal, and improve math, reading comprehension, language, and computer skills so they can achieve their high school equivalency and/or industry-based credentials (IBC) to secure entry- level employment or advance in their current occupation. The ESL Instructor will provide appropriate instruction for groups and individuals using materials, tools, equipment, and scenarios to meet students’ academic and work/career-related needs. The ESL Instructor will work with students to determine potential barriers to their success in obtaining, retaining, and advancing their careers. The ESL Instructor will also work with students to implement solutions that ensure their success.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish a positive and trusting relationship with students
- Foster student accountability, self-advocacy, self-awareness, and critical thinking skills
- Follow all policies set forth by administration to measure and document student educational gains, attendance, and attainment of goals. Keep daily attendance records and progress reports. Maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date records
- Adhere to regulations set forth regarding confidentiality of student records.
- Assures that students who qualify are pre- and post-tested as needed. Assess program students using the TABE and TABE CLAS-E tests as dictated by Adult Education Program policy.
- Create a classroom environment that is conductive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interest of the students
- Participate and manage registration, testing, and scheduling events
- Teach at least two ESL classes per day, with classes running Monday-Thursday each week.
- Promote participation of ESL students in all aspects of Adult Education programming
- Facilitate ESL students towards high-school equivalency test
- Maintain clean and professional classroom environment.
- An Associate degree or higher
- One year experience in ESL
- Strong communication skills, including both written and oral, with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of personalities
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years teaching experience
In addition to completing an online application, a cover letter, resume and transcripts must be attached online for full consideration.
Louisiana Delta Community College (LDCC) is an equal-opportunity, Title IX institution and pledges to recruit, select and promote diversity by providing equality of opportunity in higher educations for all persons, including faculty and employees with respect to hiring, continuation, promotion, and applicants for admission, enrolled students and graduates without discrimination or segregation.
The College is interested in candidates who have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of colleagues, students, faculty, and community members. All employment decisions are made on a non-discriminatory basis. LDCC prohibits discrimination and harassment based on sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, work-related injury or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. This nondiscrimination policy covers admissions, employment, and access to and treatment in College programs, services, and activities, A pre-employment background screen is required for all employees and the College participates in the Federally-mandated E-Verify program.
LCTCS and its colleges are EEO/AA/ADA Employers
Louisiana State Government represents a wide variety of career options and offers an outstanding opportunity to "make a difference" through public service. With an array of career opportunities in every major metropolitan center and in many rural areas, state employment provides an outstanding option to begin or continue your career. As a state employee, you will earn competitive pay, choose from a variety of benefits and have access to a great professional development program.
Flexible Working Arrangements – The flexibility of our system allows agencies to implement flexible working arrangements through the use of alternative work schedules, telecommuting and other flexibilities. These arrangements vary between hiring agencies.
Professional Development - The Comprehensive Public Training Program (CPTP) is the state-funded training program for state employees. Through CPTP, agencies are offered management development and supervisory training, and general application classes on topics as diverse as writing skills and computer software usage.
Insurance Coverage – Employees can choose one of several health insurance programs ranging from an HMO to the State's own Group Benefits Insurance program. The State of Louisiana pays a portion of the cost for group health and life insurance. Dental and vision coverage are also available. More information can be found at www.groupbenefits.org.
Deferred Compensation – As a supplemental retirement savings plan for employees, the State offers a
Deferred Compensation Plan for tax deferred savings.
Holidays and Leave – State employees receive the following paid holidays each year: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Mardi Gras, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day. Additional holidays may be proclaimed by the Governor. State employees earn sick and annual leave which can be accumulated and saved for future use. Your accrual rate increases as your years of service increase.
Retirement – State of Louisiana employees are eligible to participate in various retirement systems (based on the type of appointment and agency for which an employee works). These retirement systems provide retirement allowances and other benefits for state officers and employees and their beneficiaries. State retirement systems may include (but are not limited to): Louisiana State Employees Retirement System (www.lasersonline.org), Teacher's Retirement System of Louisiana (www.trsl.org), Louisiana School Employees' Retirement System (www.lsers.net), among others.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities