Process Technology Faculty
Process Technology Faculty
Full Job Description
Posting Number: 70662
Job Title: Process Technology Faculty
Position Type: Faculty
Department: Process Technology
Nine-month, non-tenure track position; salary follows approved salary structure; commensurate with education and experience; summer teaching available as needed; and excellent fringe benefits.
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Brazosport College, a two-time Top 10 finalist for the Aspen Prize for Community College Excellence and Achieving the Dream Leader College, seeks a dynamic and innovative Process Technology Faculty member. Start date is January 9, 2023.
This position reports to the Division Chair of Physical Sciences and Process Technologies and:
- prepares curriculum, including writing syllabi, developing new courses, selecting textbooks, etc.;
- develops and teaches process technology classes using traditional and alternative delivery methods;
- assists in the advisement of students;
- serves on various assigned college committees; and
- has a commitment to student success.
Ability to move about the classroom and laboratories, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, reaching, handling, fine dexterity, kneeling, crouching, bending, twisting, climbing, vision, hearing, talking, and ability to drive to off campus locations.
The minimum qualifications for this position are:
- an Associate’s Degree in Chemical Technology plus a minimum of three (3) years of paid industrial work experience or a Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, or related field from a regionally accredited college (Master’s Degree in Chemistry or a master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Chemistry preferred);
- minimum of (3) three years of industrial experience;
- interest in alternative instructional delivery methods;
- demonstrated ability in working with culturally diverse populations;
- excellent written and oral communication skills;
- exceptional employment or educational qualifications may be given special consideration as long as Southern Association (SACS) minimum educational credentials are met; and
- other qualities, experiences, and skills that enhance one’s value to the institution.
Open Until Filled:
First Pool Date:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
- This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work.
- Applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references in the reference section of the application.
- Employer Letter(s) of Verification documenting a minimum of three (3) years of non-teaching wage earning experience in the occupational field is/are required. Multiple letters must be submitted if employment with one employer does not total three (3) years. Letters must be on company letterhead.
- An official transcript documenting the advertised minimum education requirement, is required upon hire. If your college/university is not from a US awarding institution, you must have your education credentials evaluated by a company that is a member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Please refer to the NACES website for further information (www.naces.org).
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities