Full Job Description
East Central College has an opening for a full-time (9 month) Chemistry Instructor. This is a shared position between our main campus and our satelittie site in Rolla, MO. The instructor will be expected to develop an active learning environment with use of effective instructional technology.
Primary course load will include majors' and non-majors' coursework, including Introduction to Chemistry, Chemistry of Allied Health, and General Chemistry through Organic II.
Interviews will begin February 2023. Anticipated start date is August 2023.
Minimum Qualifications: (A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.)
- Master’s degree in chemistry or related field.
- Community college teaching experience preferred.
- Experience in teaching non-major chemistry coursework preferred.
- Knowledge of assessment best practices related to chemistry.
Essential Tasks: (Employee must be able to perform the following essential functions to the satisfaction of the employee’s supervisor.)
- Teach thirty (30) semester credit hours (or the equivalent in lab, studio, clinical, etc. hours) each academic year and maintain 7 office hours per week (as approved) for the purpose of assisting students
- Conduct all classes in accordance with an established and current course syllabus, submitted following established guidelines each semester, and approved textbook (and/or related instructional material)
- Maintain student/attendance/grade/discipline records as required by the College; keep appropriate course/department/program/division records, as required by the College
- Assist in conducting comprehenisve review; plan, develop and implement activities in support of the Higher Learning Commission, or other agency, accreditation guidelines with regard to student academic achievement (assessment) and their success on outcomes (institutional effectiveness)
- Competency in technology, both instructional/classroom and standard office-type software
- Instructor may teach a combination of day and/or evening courses. May include teaching on campus and at an offsite location in Rolla
- Communicate effectively in a professional, tactful and courteous manner with students, fellow faculty and staff, and the general public
- Perform assigned responsibilities, duties, and tasks according to established practices, procedures, techniques, and standards in a safe manner and with minimal supervision.
Benefits: ECC offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, vision and life insurance with no premium cost to the employee for employee only coverage. Missouri Public School Retirement System benefits, generous paid leave, ECC tuition waiver for self and immediate family and tuition reimbursement benefits for employee.
Faculty salary will be commensurate with education and years of experience. Salary schedule can be viewed here.
East Central College is located about 60 minutes from St. Louis. Currently, more than 2,500 students are enrolled in a transfer or technical education program. For more information about East Central College visit, www.eastcentral.edu.
East Central College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Inquiries related to employment practices may be directed to Human Resources Director at 636-584-6710. East Central College is an equal opportunity employer and provider of employment and training services. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
[Chemistry Instructor FY24]
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities