Casual Hire - Non Credit Lecturer - Healthcare Technology
****Applicants seeking short-term or part-time work with the University of Hawai’i may apply for Casual Hire positions, which include administrative professional and technical (APT) or Instructional-type positions. Because of the temporary nature of these appointments, Casual Hire employees are not eligible for most benefits as provided to regular BOR and Civil Service employees such as paid leave and holidays. Casual Hire appointments may last for up to 89 days for full-time employees and up to one calendar year for part-time employees.
Title: Casual Hire - Non Credit Lecturer - Healthcare Technology
Position Number: Casual Hire
Hiring Unit: OCEWD
Location: Leeward Community College
Date Posted: 10/14/2022
Closing Date: 10/20/2022 11:59 PM, HST
Salary: $30.00/hour - $40.00/per hour
Schedule: Up to 40 hours/week
Full Time/Part Time: Full-time
Other Conditions: To begin approximately November 2022
Description of Duties:
- Under general supervision provides curriculum development, classroom/lab instructions, program and student evaluations and the review of the Healthcare Technology programs with a strong emphasis on medical billing/reimbursements or patient on-boarding and medical insurances.
- Maintains training lab supplies and resources.
- Plans, manages and directs the classroom/lab and clinical experience for students.
- Other duties as assigned.
- American Health Information Association (AHIMA) Certification or National Association for Healthcare Access Management (NAHAM) Certification or American Medical Billing Association (AMBA) Certification or Registered Nurse (RN) License.
- Two years of direct work experience in health information with specialization in patient on-boarding or medical billing/reimbursement or medical insurances.
- Two years of teaching or workforce training experience.
Click on the "Apply" button on the top right corner of the screen to complete an application and attach required documents. Documents include:
- Copies of licenses, certificates and certifications appropriate to the position.
Separate documents and application materials must be submitted for each position. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. The application will be considered incomplete if materials are unreadable. Minimum qualifications must be met by the closing date of the advertisement. Please REDACT references to social security numbers and birth date on submitted documents. All requested documents/information become the property of Leeward Community College and will not be returned.
Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.
Leeward Community College
Human Resources Office
EEO/AA, Clery Act, ADA
The University of Hawai'i is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, sex, gender identity and expression, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, genetic information, marital status, breastfeeding, income assignment for child support, arrest and court record (except as permissible under State law), sexual orientation, domestic or sexual violence victim status, national guard absence, or status as a covered veteran. For more information or inquiries regarding these policies, please refer to the following link: http://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/eeo-coordinators/
Employment is contingent on satisfying employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986; reference checks of previous employers; and for certain positions, criminal history record checks.
In accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, annual campus crime statistics for the University of Hawai'i may be viewed at: https://www.hawaii.edu/titleix/help/campus-security/, or a paper copy may be obtained upon request from the respective UH Campus Security or Administrative Services Office.
Accommodation Request: The University of Hawai'i complies with the provisions of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the EEO coordinator directly. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. For further information, please refer to the following link: https://www.hawaii.edu/offices/eeo/accommodation-request/
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities