This job has Expired
Engineering, PT Faculty
Engineering, PT Faculty
Full Job Description
This position is for the Spring 2023 semesterAt Coconino Community College, our team of committed faculty is as diverse and as inspiring as our student body. Join us and make CCC an even stronger community of opportunity.
Part time faculty will be responsible for teaching the assigned Engineering courses listed below.
- EGR 122 (Programming for EGR/SCI) Meets in-person Tuesday, Thursday 11:30 am – 2:15 pm at the Lone Tree campus.
- EGR 186 (Introduction to Engineering) Meets in-person Monday, Wednesday 11:30am – 2:15 pm at the Lone Tree campus.
Special note for any applicant who resides outside of the State of Arizona: If you are selected for a role with CCC and do not move to Arizona, your employment will be through Kelly Educational Services.
Hiring pay is $935 per load hour
Applicants must attach official transcripts, Resume/CV, and certifications (if applicable). Additionally, the NeoGov application must also be completed.
Coconino Community College Diversity Statement
Coconino Community College recognizes and respects diversity and the value it brings to our communities. We appreciate and welcome cultures, identities, beliefs, experiences and all that makes us unique. CCC champions and takes action to build an inclusive work and learning environment. We are allies and advocates, navigating respectful dialogue about our shared humanity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach assigned courses, adhering to course outlines and student learning objectives.
- Prepare and implement syllabi in accordance with college procedures and course outlines.
- Keep and submit all essential instructional records according to the College calendar, including reporting grades and attendance.
- Notify Lead faculty and Dean in case of absence from class. Work to find a substitute to cover class when at all possible.
- Follow all college policies and procedures, including information on the Letter of Intent (semester contract).
- Respond to student inquiries in a timely manner.
- Utilize Learning Management System (Canvas) to at least the minimum threshold as indicated in college procedures.
- Check CCC email and respond to inquiries in a timely manner.
- Attend college meetings as required. This includes New Faculty Orientation upon hire and a beginning of semester all faculty meeting.
- Participate in student assessment and relevant program assessment as directed by the Dean or Provost.
- Remain current in practices, trends, and research related to discipline area.
- Actively engages Assessment of Courses and works to engage in college wide assessment program.
- Follow the same accepted standards of conduct as the full-time faculty as described in applicable administrative procedures which relate to satisfactory service and conduct becoming a faculty member.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Ability to teach assigned course effectively. Knowledge of the subject area, computer and related technology (including Learning Management System). Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of students and staff. Ability to support and promote the mission, values, purposes, and strategic plan of the College. Ability to work in a culturally diverse and team environment. Ability to integrate subject area with other related curricula. Knowledge of the applicable state and federal laws, such as Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Master’s Degree in the Discipline Area OR
- Master’s Degree in any Discipline Area and at least 18 graduate level (500 level) credits in Engineering.
- Official transcripts are required to be submitted.
Enthusiasm for teaching and learning, and willingness to share excitement with CCC community. Commitment to student success. Experience teaching in a higher education setting. Experience working with diverse students and colleagues. Experience using learning management systems (i.e. Canvas, Blackboard, etc).
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities