This job has Expired
Adjunct Instructor-Surgical Technology
Adjunct Instructor-Surgical Technology
$46.00 - $55.00 Hourly
WI 53072, WI
CNA, Surgical & Health
School of Health
12/31/2022 11:59 PM Central
The Phlebotomy Instructor is primarily responsible for providing quality classroom instruction to students in the Phlebotomy program.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities (include, but not limited to)
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, Health occupations, teach classroom and laboratory courses in phlebotomy technology. Related duties include development and teaching of all medical laboratory technology/phlebotomy courses with emphasis on phlebotomy. Duties also include equipment maintenance, conducting and supervising clinical laboratory learning experiences, evaluating student achievement, assisting in the development of the curriculum, helping to formulate departmental policy and procedures, evaluating program effectiveness, and developing strategies to enhance student achievement.
- Prepare for and deliver instruction and perform teaching related activities
- Manage the classroom/laboratory.
- Develop curriculum, monitor and revise when appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program evaluation.
- Manage equipment, supplies and materials.
- Collaborate with the advisory committee in the program area.
- Assess student performance and advise students on academic issues.
- Promote the education training program, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to market to WCTC.
- Develop relationships within the business industry
- Complete program evaluations and follow-up
- Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in field
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Ability to meet Faculty Quality Assurance Systems requirements needed for WCTC Credentialing process:
- Graduate of a CAAHEP accredited Surgical Technology Program.
- Must have certification as a Surgical Technologist (CST).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in an appropriate field.
- Two years (4000 hours) of direct occupational experience, (must be within the last 5 years). One year (2,000 hours) of related occupation experience may be waived if the occupational instructor has at least two years of post-secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within the last five years.
Previous teaching experience is desirable.
The Adjunct Instructor, Surgical Technology supports the Allied Health Department and will be available December 1, 2022.
All applicants (internal and external) much attach the following to the completed online application for consideration. Applicants that do not provide the required attachments will not be considered:
1. Cover Letter
3. Unofficial copy of transcripts
The successful applicant will be responsible for completing requirements to obtain and maintain a current teaching certification from the Wisconsin Technical College System Board.
Selected candidates will be invited to interview. Candidates may also be required to provide a teaching demonstration.
*NOTE: This position will require the incumbent to be present at clinical site. Current clinical site does require that all persons are fully vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be required.
Waukesha County Technical College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design, and deliver solutions. We value the ability to serve students from a broad range of cultural heritages, socioeconomic backgrounds, genders, abilities, and orientations. Therefore, we seek applicants who demonstrate they understand the benefits of diversity in a higher education community. Consideration will be given to equity-minded individuals committed to collaborating with faculty, staff, administration, students, and community partners who are also committed to closing equity gaps.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities