Instructor - HVAC
Western Technical College is a preferred employer in the 7 Rivers Region Western and is committed to providing a safe and respectful workplace for all co-workers. We are looking for individuals who are passionate about helping others learn, dedicated to serving students, and committed to the principles of equity and social justice. Western believes that serving the full breadth of our student and co-worker populations requires cultural competency and enthusiasm for diversity of all kinds. We recognize the intersectional nature of discrimination and are committed to counteracting these biases and eliminating the effects they have had on our students, co-workers, and communities. If you are a motivated individual who can contribute to excellence in teaching, learning, social justice and equity, please consider this employment opportunity at Western.
Summary of Position: Instructors are responsible for preparing and providing quality curriculum, instruction, and assessment that leads to student success. Recognizing the diverse backgrounds of students, instructors foster student growth and prepare them for success in the workplace and/or a pathway to further education. This position works to promote social justice within the division and the larger academic institution.
Instruction will be primarily in the face-to-face and hybrid teaching format.
2. Instruction - Supporting Actions Include:
- Prepares coherent lesson plans which align with competency based learning and reflect knowledge of subject matter and the students in the course.
- Delivers course via multiple modes of delivery.
- Scaffolds and differentiates instruction so that all students can engage with the content in a rigorous and thought-provoking manner.
- Assists all students in learning content knowledge in support of the College SuccessAbilities.
- Understands and incorporates a variety of teaching methods, assessments, and technologies that align with class objectives, course competencies, and program outcomes.
- Uses a variety of formative assessments to gauge student learning, adjust instruction, and provide timely feedback to students.
- Incorporates performance-based assessment strategies and other forms of summative assessments.
- Collaborates with other programs, faculty, and teams to support learning.
- Collaborates with all students and Western staff to retain students and assist them in being successful.
- Uses student feedback and other data for continuous improvement.
- Is accessible, available, and responsive to support a safe, positive learning environment.
- Understands and conveys the student code of conduct.
- Supports student success through referrals to appropriate student services.
- Defines and utilizes clear classroom policies and procedures that supports a positive learning environment and academic risk taking.
- Maintains labs, classrooms, and clinical spaces for safety, functionality, and sustainability.
4. Professional and Academic Leadership - Supporting Actions Include:
- Develops and continually revises curriculum that reflects diverse perspectives, SuccessAbilities and technical content to meet industry or regulatory standards.
- Engages in reflective practice.
- Participates in ongoing development to continually refine teaching methods through College trainings and professional development opportunities.
- Models the College Values of Learning, Excellence, Accountability, Diversity, Student Success, Integrity, Teamwork, and Respect.
- Implements the Core Values with the end result of student success.
- Actively participates in College initiatives and work groups (e.g. hiring committees, learning teams, etc.)
- Works collaboratively within program/department to support orientation, registration, advising, mentoring, recruiting, and other activities.
- Maintains necessary credentials and professional development in accordance with Higher Learning Commission, WTCS Faculty Quality Assurance System, other program accreditation or individual occupational licensures and state and federal law.
- Develops ongoing partnerships with students, coworkers, supervisors and the community.
- Uses College systems to maintain class records and develop curriculum.
- Uses data to measure quality outcomes related to student success and design improvement strategies as appropriate to maintain program/department integrity.
- Creates and conducts assessments to measure previous learning for the required application of credit for prior learning.
6. Student Success is the cornerstone of Western's culture and the college may assign employees as needed to other areas or additional duties to foster this success.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Two years (4,000 hrs) verifiable related occupational experience with at least 1 year (2,000 hrs) in the last five years
Master's degree in related field
- Eligible for/or meets WTCS Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements.
Special Instructions/About Western
Western Technical College is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided in the job application process to enable a qualified applicant to have an equal opportunity to be considered for a job as is provided to all Western employees. If you want to request an accommodation please contact the EEO/AA Compliance Officer at (608)785-9274.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities