132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
This job has Expired
Success Coach (SUCCESS)
Roxbury Community College is an urban, public, two-year College serving a diverse community including people of color, recent immigrants and nontraditional populations. The College mission is to facilitate student success in achieving educational goals through the delivery of high-quality transfer and career programs. RCC strives to honor traditional commitments, and to be responsive to new challenges and insights through workforce training, ESOL and community education. The student population at the college is diverse in ethnicity, gender, language, age and background. Roxbury Community College is an AA/EO employer and strongly encourages applications from candidates who would enhance the diversity of its staff. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position reports to the Assistant Director of Student Success and is part an integral part of the student retention team. The Success Coach provides one-on-one counseling and a customized success plan for students at-risk as well as a range of workshops and other college wide activities to support student success. Coaches work closely with academic advisors, tutors, Project Access and non-academic resources across the college to support students in achieving their personal, academic, and professional goals.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide on-on-one counseling, case management, and support services to a cohort of students in the Roxbury Scholars Student Success Program.
- Create a success plan for each student, schedule regular meetings to track academic progress, and ensure access to support services
- Work with students to develop effective study habits, organization, and time management skills.
- Participate in orientation and other college wide efforts to enhance the student experience.
- Gather data and participate in the analysis of SUCCESS program outcomes.
- Work collaboratively with the Academic Support team and Faculty.
- Collaborate with Academic Advisors to monitor progress and addresses early risk signals such as poor class attendance or failure to produce assignments.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: Grade 5, $59,244 - $76,269*, Unit Professional.
*Actual salary will be commensurate with Education and Experience in accordance with the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology or closely related field; with three (3) years experience and/or training involving academic advisement, career development, or program/project management; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
Experience with performance tracking, and managing individual needs of a diverse group of students with ability to mentor, motivate, and map the success of students also required. Knowledge of typical barriers and resources for at-risk student population; Evening and weekend hours will be required.
- This is a full-time, union position, with full benefits.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the U.S
This is a grant funded position. Renewal will be contingent upon funding
Compensation: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve. The State's total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation. Including but not limited to:
- Reasonable Health, Dental and Vision Plans
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees' Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 12 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
All offers of employment at Roxbury Community College are contingent upon clear results of a thorough background check review. Background checks will be conducted on all final candidates and/or all persons who have an employment relationship with RCC, as deemed necessary.
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT:
Candidates for employment should be aware that all Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
Roxbury Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act requires all institutes of higher education to disclose campus policy statements and crime statistics. Our annual report is available at www.rcc.edu/clery.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*