This job has Expired
Part-time Adjunct Instructor - Cosmetology
At Nicolet College our mission is to transform lives and enrich communities, and we see change as an opportunity to transform even more lives and to serve our communities even better. To accomplish this mission, we are redesigning higher education to serve today’s learners in the most inclusive, creative, and flexible ways imaginable. Are you committed to academic excellence? If so, we can’t wait to meet you.
Nicolet College is a comprehensive two-year college located on the shores of Lake Julia in Wisconsin's beautiful Northwoods region. We seek a thoughtful, innovative, enthusiastic, and student-friendly professional to join our team.
This is a part-time faculty position beginning in the Spring semester of 2023. Under the supervision of the Dean and in collaboration with other faculty, staff, and the program advisory committee, the instructor will participate in the continuous improvement of the program, courses and the curriculum, and will teach and facilitate student learning in the core occupational courses of the Cosmetology diploma program. The Cosmetology program is currently configured to deliver in the spring, summer and fall terms each school year. Responsibilities will be at the Rhinelander Campus.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties are normal for this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned.
- Deliver performance-based, learning-centered instruction in accordance with the mission, vision, and philosophy of Nicolet College.
- Cosmetology instruction includes the full range of:
- Theory essentials for all Cosmetology subjects in compliance with all State of Wisconsin Statutes and Codes.
- Practical skills for the study of trichology, hair care, manicure/pedicure, and aesthetics.
- Provide individual and group assistance to students in the acquisition of lab work competencies that will lead to high levels of customer service and satisfaction.
- Establish and maintain contacts with external stakeholders and partners.
- Develop, maintain, and improve programs and courses, by working collaboratively with other faculty and administrators through program review, curriculum and course development, assessment of student learning, advisory committees, and student recruitment and retention.
- Utilize technology to enhance teaching and learning, as well as other aspects of work.
- Participate in department activities including department meetings. Serve and participate in college-wide community life beneficial to students.
- Assist students by providing advice regarding their academic career path and career opportunities.
- Communicate regularly and provide consistent feedback to students about successful course completion.
- Maintain accurate attendance, student success, and scholastic records of students and submit required reports according to published deadlines.
- Maintain professional affiliations and certifications.
- Represent the College and interact with communities and external organizations including the Wisconsin Technical College System, district high schools, employers, Native American tribal communities, advisory committees, and professional groups related to the field.
- Promote articulations with high schools.
- Associate’s Degree in an area related to the Cosmetology profession (experience may substitute for education).
- Current Cosmetology Instructor licensure through the Wisconsin Department of Regulation and Licensing.
- Two years of industry occupational experience outside of teaching; one year of occupational experience within the last 5 years.
- Ability to meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System requirements. View details at: https://www.nicoletcollege.edu/sites/default/files/2018-08/FQAS_occupational_cosmetology.pdf (Download PDF reader)
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from diverse backgrounds and maintain positive working relationships across the College and in the district required.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with students of varied ages, learning styles, academic levels, and cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively to create and facilitate student learning.
- Demonstrated ability to teach practical interpersonal skills.
- Successful teaching experience in a post-secondary setting.
- Ability to utilize technology to demonstrate and instruct students.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must demonstrate strong attention to detail, and must be able to problem solve and perform complex tasks without error.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to normal classroom and cosmetology clinic/lab conditions, supplies (including chemicals), and equipment.
- The employee will be constantly required to stand, talk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee will frequently be required to sit, bend, and type/write.
- The employee must occasionally move up to 20 pounds of cosmetology classroom, clinic, and lab-related items.
- Specific hearing abilities required by this job include hearing normal speaking-level sounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, and field of vision.
- This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
Adjunct instructors are extended an appointment letter for courses instructed. Benefits are not included with this position.
Apply at nicoletcollege.edu/employment. Attach a cover letter that addresses how your background and experience are consistent with the requirements of the position, a current résumé, and unofficial transcripts of coursework, licenses, or certificates. Position remains open until filled.
Nicolet Area Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability or age in employment, admissions or its programs or
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities