Adjunct Faculty, Welding
Adjunct Faculty, Welding
Job Type : Part Time
Job ID : R-2025
Job Posting Closing Times: Job postings are removed from advertising at 12:00 A.M. on the closing date e.g., at midnight on the day before the closing date.
If you are a current Austin Community College employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
Austin Community College is a public two-year institution that serves a diverse population of approximately 41,000 credit students each Fall and Spring semester. We embrace our identity as a community college, as reflected in our mission statement. We promote student success and community development by providing affordable access, through traditional and distance learning modes, to higher education and workforce training, including appropriate applied baccalaureate degrees, in our service area.
As a community college committed to our mission, we seek to recruit and retain a workforce that:
Reflects the diversity of our community
Values intellectual curiosity and innovative teaching
Is attracted by the college's mission to promote equitable access to educational opportunities
Cares about student success and collaborates on strategies to facilitate success for under-represented populations
Welcomes difference and models respectful interaction with others
Engages with the community both within and outside of ACC
Commitment to Equity and Inclusion
ACC is committed to the ongoing systemic changes needed to ensure the increased recruitment, inclusion, retention, and completion of historically underserved and underrepresented populations. Through continual strategic community engagement and professional development of administrators, faculty, staff, and students, the college demonstrates its dedication to fostering a culture and climate for equitable outcomes.
ACC is proud to serve a diverse student body as an open-access and low-cost institution. Dedicated faculty members are excellent professors who help students achieve their educational goals and are sensitive to our students' diverse cultures and socio-economic backgrounds. In 2017 our faculty adopted a Statement of ACC Faculty Values. This Statement affirms that ACC's faculty members value collaboration, service, agency, scholarship, inclusion, and teaching, all of which attest to our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion at the heart of our mission.
Job Posting Title:
Adjunct Faculty, Welding
Job Description Summary:
Responsible to prepare and deliver Welding coursework in engaging, innovative, and discipline-appropriate ways that reflect a commitment to success equity, respect for diversity, an understanding of culturally responsive teaching, and knowledge of the teaching field. Meets professional standards for faculty in accordance with college policies and procedures.
- Prepare and teach courses in the field of Welding Technology to a diverse student population based on the department's approved course learning outcomes, utilizing a variety of instructional strategies appropriate to the needs of community college students and the standards of the discipline.
- Evaluate student progress and provide clear, timely feedback reflecting program learning outcomes and departmental expectations.
- Provide teaching and mentoring services to students in a manner which does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or other protected categories.
- Remain current in the field through a variety of professional development activities.
- Perform other related tasks as assigned by the department chair, dean, and/or associate vice president, vice president, executive vice president.
- Assist to maintain welding equipment and lab
- Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, online resources, and other technologies for the classroom. Demonstrated proficiency using an online learning management system such as Blackboard to develop and build course content and perform administrative duties (posting office hours, syllabi, etc.)
- Demonstrate welding proficiency by making welds in various positions using modern inverter type welding equipment
- Meet deadlines for attendance certification and submission of final course grades.
- Maintain regular office hours to assist students and improve student retention and success.
- Recognize and reflect standards of civility and collegiality in all interactions.
- Comply with published college policies and procedures and meet professional standards for teaching in a community college.
- Appropriate use of the college's learning management system.
- Educational requirements in accordance with SACSCOC accreditation standards. https://www.austincc.edu/employment-at-acc/full-time-and-adjunct-faculty-position-information/minimum-credential-qualification-requirements. No substitution for educational requirements.
Bachelor’s degree in Metals Science (Metallurgy or
Materials Science) or Engineering or Industrial
Technology or Art (Sculpture or Studio Art) or
Associate degree in Welding Technology and 3 years non-
teaching work experience
- Minimum three years non-teaching welding industry related work experience.
- Ability to pass welding tests in various materials and using various welding processes.
- Minimum 5 years code welding work experience
- Certified welder in at one process
Application must be submitted by the closing date for this position.
Pre-employment criminal background checks are required for all staff and faculty positions.
ACC does not participate in Social Security. ACC participates in the Teacher Retirement System of Texas (TRS) and the Optional Retirement Program (ORP-Faculty and Administrators Only). Part-time and Hourly employees participate in the ACC Money Purchase Plan (ACCMPP) as a retirement program required by federal law.
- Work is routinely performed in an non airconditioned open air lab
- Work is routinely performed in a loud welding shop atmosphere with exposure to loud noises, extreme heat, air born particulates, and open flame sources.
- Subject to standing, walking, sitting, bending, reaching, kneeling, pushing, and pulling.
- Ability to lift up to 85 pounds.
- Work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Number of Openings:
Job Posting Close Date:
November 8, 2022
As required by the US Department of Education, employees are required to report violations under Title IX and, under the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act), select individuals are required to report crimes. If this position is identified as a Campus Security Authority (Clery Act), you will be notified, trained, and provided resources for reporting.
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. ACC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by ACC at its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions of the job.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities