Adjunct Instructor- Esthetician
Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia seeks an Adjunct Instructor to teach courses in the Esthetician program, offered at the Athens Technical College Main campus located in Athens, Georgia. The Adjunct Instructor is responsible to the Program Chair for the Cosmetology program.
The successful applicant will be expected to implement course materials that support stated initiatives and use appropriate techniques to provide students with the knowledge needed to achieve the learning outcomes for each course offered.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This position requires using appropriate teaching, testing, and grading techniques; demonstrating current knowledge of the subject area; using effective written and oral communication skills; maintaining educational records; using technology appropriate to the subject taught; and evaluating students’ progress in attaining goals and objectives.
Deadline to apply is November 15, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
- Diploma in Cosmetology or a related field
- A valid Georgia Master Cosmetologist License or Georgia Esthetician license
- Five (5) years’ experience in the industry
- Ability to teach a day and/or evening class
- Associate’s degree or higher
- Work experience in the Esthetics industry with a focus on the following: Treatment Room Set Up, Infection Control Procedures, Preventive Facial Treatments, Advance Facial Treatments, Advanced Hair Removal, Expert in Glamour Techniques
- Experience with TCSG cosmetology program
- Experience providing makeup application in film, TV, and/or commercial settings, including film industry special effects
- Additional certifications in skincare services or makeup artistry
- Knowledge with NIC licensure exams
To apply, click "Apply To This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, unofficial transcripts and three (3) professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities