This job has Expired
Associate Professor, Business
Associate Professor, Business
Full Job Description
**First Review January 3, 2023**
*** Up to $3000 relocation reimbursement to qualified candidates***
Reporting to the Division Dean, the incumbent will teach discipline specific courses as needed using a variety of methodologies. Responsibilities will include course preparation and instruction; program and class recruitment; curriculum development; participation in the on campus college community and continued professional growth activities; and creative program building based on needs assessment and in collaboration with other faculty. -
- Faculty may be asked to teach other's courses in disciplines in which she/he is able to be credentialed.
- The successful faculty member recognizes that service to our students is our highest priority, and embraces their role in student success, recruitment, and retention. This includes being open to a variety of delivery methods and course design with the possibility of interactive, online, day, evening, weekend classes and/or teaching at various College locations.
- In addition, faculty should be open to both traditional (16 week) and compressed course design (i.e., 8 week classes). Faculty can expect to participate in innovative forms of assessment and should be willing to utilize OER when possible.
- The expectation is that full-time faculty serve as provisional faculty for a period of three years prior to being reviewed for continuing status. The determination of faculty status is, however, ultimately at the discretion of the College President as the Yavapai College District Governing Board’s designee.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcripts. The cover letter must include:
- -Describe your philosophy of teaching in a community college including the faculty role in student retention
- Share your philosophy of online, hybrid, or other approaches to delivering instruction
- Describe the experience or willingness you have with using OER material-Describe experience or willingness teaching in a compressed (8-week) term
- MBA or Masters in related field.
- Residence and eligibility to work in the United States
- PhD in Business, Management, Computer Systems Analysis or related field-Ability to be credentialed in multiple prefixes like Management, Computer areas, Business, Economics, etc.
- Course development experience
- Experience teaching in "non-traditional" settings to students.
- Experience in curriculum development and assessment
- Experience with Canvas and teaching online and in hybrid environmen
- Experience designing OER courses
- Experience teaching community college or adult learning environments
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Experience with multi-media technology to enhance student learning
- Program Development experience, including marketing.
- Experience in recruitment and running of advisory committees
- Adjunct faculty recruitment,
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements and competencies listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Regular attendance is an essential job function as it demonstrates dependability towards the performance of job duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet but may vary based on assignment..
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities