This job has Expired
LATC - Agriculture Instructor
- Extensive knowledge of the agricultural industry with a minimum of three years’ experience in agricultural field required.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in an agriculture or related field required. Bachelor’s degree or higher a plus.
- Additional industry-related certifications a plus.
- Prior on campus and online teaching experience in a post-secondary environment preferred.
- Advanced skills in computer software and student learning management systems.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, creative thinking and problem solving skills, dedication to working with a diverse population of students, and collaboration with coworkers in a team environment.
- Ability to be flexible in course assignments.
- Bilingual a plus.
- National Career Readiness Certificate level of gold or higher a plus.
REPORTS TO: Agriculture Department Supervisor and Assistant Department Supervisor, Dean of Academics, Vice President
- Classroom and online instruction of courses in agriculture, primarily agronomy although course assignments vary by semester and may include business, animal science, or production agriculture subject areas.
- Lead curriculum development of all assigned subjects, using innovative technology when possible.
- Teach and monitor safety procedures in classroom and lab.
- Conduct course, program, and institutional assessment and accreditation activities.
- Work in partnership with the other faculty members to maintain an effective teaching team.
- Arrange, schedule, and manage a wide variety of on-the-job training sites for students.
- Work closely with the Agriculture Advisory Board, in addition to developing and maintaining relevant industry relationships.
- Maintain inventory and equipment, including all related documentation.
- Advise students regarding academic progress, registration, and other issues to promote student success.
- Assist with student recruitment, promotion, and career education activities for the department and Lake Area Technical College.
- Represent the department both in related professional organizations and at relevant community events.
- Other duties as assigned.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Prorated 85 day contract starting Spring 2023 (January). Annual 190 day contract. Compensation set by the Watertown School Board in accordance with the state postsecondary technical college instructor salary formula.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities