This job has Expired
Adjunct Faculty (Digital Music) - Massasoit Community College
Full Job Description
Location: Brockton, MA
Category: Adjunct Faculty - Pool
Posted On: Mon Dec 5 2022
Adjunct or part time teaching assignments include in person, online, hybrid, or video conferencing formats not only on Massasoit's Brockton and Canton campuses, but also in local high schools or as part of our on campus early college courses. Professors work collaboratively to create a learner centered environment focused on student learning and success. Teaching approaches are expected to include active and collaborative techniques and real-world applications related to digital music.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Create a community of learners
- Plan and implement active and collaborative learning and assessment
- Provide consistent feedback
- Evaluate achievement
- Assign grades
- Maintain student records of attendance, participation, grades, etc.
- Focuses on the Commonwealth's Equity Agenda by applying related best practices throughout all job functions.
- Participate in instructional development and orientation, department, early college, and college wide activities.
THIS POOL IS VALID THROUGH JUNE 30, 2023. APPLICANTS WISHING TO REMAIN IN THE POOL MUST REAPPLY AND UPDATE THEIR INFORMATION THEREAFTER.
Adjunct Faculty are part time instructors hired on an as needed basis. Positions may consist of day, night, or weekend positions and may be in Brockton, Canton, Middleborough, or any other instructional site.
Please note: Positions will be available pending sufficient enrollment. Qualified applicants will be contacted by the academic department.
- A Master's degree in a field related to digital music
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff and student body
- Previous teaching experience
- Teaching experience at the college level
- Ability to work collaboratively with the media arts program
COVID VACCINATION REQUIREMENT: Candidates for employment should be aware that all Community College students, faculty, and staff are required to be fully vaccinated. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
Position Status: MCCC/MTA position
Supervisor: Dean of Humanities and Communication Arts
Semester: Academic Year Spring 2023 and Fall 2023
Salary: $1,291 per credit, consistent with the Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Worksite: Assignments will include all Massasoit sites.
Deadline to Apply: Open until Filled
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities