This job has Expired
Coastline College (CC) is seeking a full-time, equity-minded, tenure track faculty member in Accounting commencing with the Fall 2023 semester. The primary teaching assignment involves all areas of Accounting.
This assignment includes curriculum and program development, facilitation of student support services, and participation in college committees and participatory governance activities. This assignment also involves multi-discipline collaboration with faculty and staff and assumption of leadership roles in the department and the College. As faculty, the position will require ongoing professional development in keeping up with subject matter expertise.
Teaching responsibilities may include day, evening, weekend, online, hybrid, or off-campus and is subject to change as needed. Certain courses in the Accounting program are primarily taught at Coastline’s Garden Grove campus. Travel between campuses in Orange County, CA (Fountain Valley, Garden Grove, Newport Beach, and Westminster) will sometimes be required. Demonstrated online teaching experience is preferred, but not required. In addition to teaching, job requirements include service to the institution, development of industry, non-profit, inter-departmental, and government partnerships, enhancement of workforce development and career pathways, and to play an active role in outreach to K-12, home and adult education schools.
Coastline College serves approximately 18,000 students, awards over 2,000 degrees and certificates, and transfers over 2,000 students to four-year institutions annually. Coastline College offers two-year associate degrees and certificates. As a designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander Serving Institution (AANAPISI), Coastline College reflects the dynamic diversity of the region.
The Accounting Department shares CC’s commitment to equitable outcomes; inclusive practices; and racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic diversity. Ideal candidates for this position share CC’s devotion to educating and improving the lives of our representative student, employee, and community populations. Student-centered activities that support CC’s mission include campus-wide student success projects funded by the Office of Student Equity; partnerships with local Hispanic Serving four-year institutions; active programs that work to improve the academic achievement of racially minoritized students, such as UMOJA, Extended Opportunity Programs and Services (EOPS) and Disabled Student Program and Services (DSPS).
Coastline College Employee-Student Demographic Information
- Unduplicated Student Headcount by Term and Demographic
- Course-Level Success by Term, Modality, Course, and Demographic
- Degrees and Certificates Awarded by Student Demographic
- Employee Demographics
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide instruction in Accounting, Taxation and applicable software in accordance with established course outlines such as: QuickBooks, Excel, & TaxslayerPro.
- Provide leadership in the development and revision of the Accounting curriculum responsive to the students served.
- Participate in curriculum development, implementation, and evaluation; participate in and develop programs to measure student performance.
- Attain yearly VITA certifications including Site Coordinator as deemed necessary by the Accounting Department to coach, teach, and provide leadership of Coastline’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance courses. VITA Site may be onsite, virtual or hybrid. Yearly participation in this program is essential.
- Remain current in all subject matter areas, particularly those related to commercial accounting software, updated tax law, new accounting standards, and in techniques of effective and relevant instruction.
- Maintain appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics.
- Fulfill the professional responsibilities of a full-time faculty member including, but not limited to the following: teach all scheduled classes unless excused under provisions of Board Policy; follow the department course outlines and regular and substantive interaction (RSI) guidelines for online courses; keep accurate records of student enrollment, attendance, and progress; submit student grades according to established deadlines; post and maintain scheduled office hours; participate in departmental meetings and college and/or district-wide activities and committees as assigned.
- The assignment may include day, evening, weekend, fully onsite, hybrid, dual enrollment and online sections.
- Teach 15 Lecture Hour Equivalents (LHE) per semester of assigned courses in accordance with course outlines of record and syllabi. Opportunities may exist for summer and winter intersession teaching for additional paid LHE. The probationary instructor will teach various assignments depending on expertise, department need, and deemed necessary by tenure committee.
- The successful candidate shall infuse equity minded and culturally-responsive practices into their above duties when applicable.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities