Communication Faculty - part-time
Grays Harbor College is seeking a qualified part-time Instructor to teach primarily online sections of public speaking or similar communication courses. This is a part-time, non-tenure-track position. The part-time compensation for classroom instruction shall be $754.08 per quarter load hour.
Grays Harbor is committed to providing excellent educational opportunities. We prioritize student learning, promote student and faculty success, foster an inclusive environment, manage our resources, and connect with the community. We strive to create a culturally relevant environment on campus and in the community by learning and practicing equity-mindedness and promoting faculty, staff, and student diversity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach and assess students in the essential skills involved in mastering public communication
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning that meets the needs of students and employs appropriate instructional methods and contemporary pedagogy.
- Collaborate with other faculty in the selection of learning resources (including texts and software) to support curriculum.
- Work effectively with individuals from diverse backgrounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Master's degree in communication or a related subject from an accredited college or university
- Experience teaching public speaking
- Demonstrated commitment to equitable classroom practices
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse student body and colleagues
- Experience using computers and other technologies in instruction
- Availability for part-time hours, including teaching, grading, responding to students, and communicating with division chair, faculty colleagues, and instructional dean
- Washington resident
- Community and technical college level teaching experience
- Experience teaching with a learning management system; Canvas preferred
- Experience in outcomes assessment
In addition to the GHC online Application you will need to submit the following materials. Incomplete applications will not be accepted or considered.
- Letter of application addressing your qualifications for the position.
- Contact information for 3 professional references.
- Transcripts of all college work completed. Unofficial copies are acceptable, official copies will be required at time of hire.
Background checks - Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position. Applicants considered for this position will be required to disclose if they are the subject of any substantiated findings or current investigations related to sexual misconduct at their current employment and past employment. Disclosure is required under Washington State Law.
Grays Harbor College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, perceived or actual physical or mental disability, pregnancy, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, creed, religion, honorably discharged veteran or military status, or use of a trained guide dog or service animal, as required by Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, Sections 504 and 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act and ADA Amendment Act, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, the Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act and Washington State’s Law Against Discrimination, Chapter 49.60 RCW and their implementing regulations. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies:
Title II/Section 504 Coordinator - Darin Jones, Chief Executive of Human Resources, 360-538-4234
Title IX Coordinator – Kari Collen, Dean of Student Access and Success, 360-538-4121
Grays Harbor College, 1620 Edward P. Smith Drive, Aberdeen, WA 98520
For further information on notice of non-discrimination, visit https://ocrcas.ed.gov/contact-ocr for the address and phone number of the office that serves your area, or call 1-800-421-3481.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities