Instructors in English, Psychology, & Speech
Baltimore City Community College is searching for three full-time instructors to teach dual enrollment and/or P-TECH courses. The positions are in English, Psychology, and Speech. These are one-year, full-time positions only for the 2022 - 2023 academic year. The selected candidates will teach 15 credit hours per semester and will hold scheduled office hours. The courses will be face-to-face and will be held on the College's Liberty campus, at the respective high school, or both. Course assignments could be daytime, evening, or weekend. The start date for the positions is immediately.
- Contributes to the overall achievement of the college's mission and goals through effective instruction and classroom management.
- Plans and prepares for assigned instructional courses.
- Demonstrates knowledge of content and pedagogy.
- Maintains data to support the student learning and outcome assessment process.
- Creates and maintains an environment of rapport and respect.
- Clearly establishes expectations for learning and achievement.
- Maintains up-to-date accurate records on attendance and student progress.
- Makes referrals to college resources available to students to provide services or assistance.
- Communicates learning expectations.
- Varies teaching techniques and incorporates current technologies.
- Provides students with written and oral feedback.
- Keeps all classes and office hours for the required amount of time set forth by the college and maintain good classroom management.
- Master's Degree in the relevant discipline.
- College teaching experience.
- Three years of teaching in a college setting, preferably community college experience.
- Familiarity with Canvas or another learning management system (LMS).
- Doctoral degree in the relevant discipline.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities