This job has Expired
Assistant Baseball Coach
Assistant Baseball Coach: Athletics; Part-time; Up to 150 hours (Spring 2023).
Northern Essex Community College seeks to fill the Assistant Baseball Coach responsible for all aspects of assisting the Head Baseball Coach with the development and administration of a successful NJCAA baseball program. The program will be conducted in accordance with all College and National Junior Collegiate Athletic Association (NJCAA) rules, regulations, and policies.
- This position will have an emphasis on coaching Infield, Catchers or Outfield and Throwing BP
- Responsible for assisting the head coach with organizing the program. Assists with conducting practices, motivating students, and instructing student-athletes in-game strategies and techniques.
- Assists the head coach with instructing players in the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises as directed by the head coach.
- Assesses players skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps the head coach informed of the athletic performance of students.
- Throw batting practice.
- Assists the head coach with supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Associate degree or two years of college credits. Bachelor's degree (preferred) in a related discipline from an accredited four-year collegiate institution.
- 2+ years of Coaching Baseball specific experience or playing experience.
- Experience in coaching and knowledge of the fundamentals, tactics and strategies of coaching intercollegiate Baseball with ability to recruit talented players for the program.
- Proven ability to work effectively with diverse groups.
- Must have valid driver's license
BACKGROUND CHECK: Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as a condition of employment.
COVID VACCINATION: Candidates for employment should be aware that all Northern Essex Community College students, faculty and staff have been fully vaccinated since January 3, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
SALARY: $20/hour, Non-benefited position
ANTICIPATED START DATE: January 2023
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities