Adjunct Instructor - Business and Technology - Pool
The Adjunct Social Science Instructor is responsible for teaching courses in Social Sciences division. Teaching assignments may include alternative delivery methods, day, evening and weekend classes. Must be able to work collegially in a team environment. This is a temporary, non-benefits eligible position. Employment is determined on a course to course basis.
- Conveys knowledge of the subject area in an effective manner for successful student learning outcomes.
- Fosters positive student and community relations.
- Maintains and submits instructional records in accordance with requirements.
- Integrates subject area with other related curricula.
- Maintains professional ethics and confidentiality of students in accordance with applicable laws and policies.
- Works professionally with college faculty and staff to aid with the educational process.
- Remains current in practices, trends and research related to areas of assignment.
- Attends meetings and participates in student and/or program assessment as directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The Montana Board of Regents of Higher Education Policy 730 requires the following minimum qualifications for faculty in transfer programs/disciplines:
- Master’s degree in the field in which the course(s) reside; OR
- Master’s degree in a closely related academic discipline with at least nine (9) graduate semester credits in the academic discipline.
Minimum qualifications for faculty in career and technical disciplines are:
- Three (3) years’ experience in the occupation to be taught; OR
- Three (3) years of post-secondary education in the career and technical discipline, combined with work experience in the career and technical discipline.
- Experience teaching in a secondary, post-secondary or higher education environment.
- Experience in differentiated instruction for diverse student populations.
- Ability to teach Business and Technology classes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to effectively teach content material.
- Ability and willingness to serve as a representative for the College by interacting appropriately with the community.
- Ability to work within policies and procedures of FVCC.
- Ability to maintain effective and positive professional relationships.
- Ability to follow and issue instructions.
- Demonstrated communication, presentation, educational service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to maintain regular and acceptable attendance levels.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check.
- Ability to perform a Medium Duty job, according to the Selected Characteristics of Occupations Defined in the Revised Dictionary of Occupational Titles, U.S. Department of Labor and Industry. Medium Duty involves exertion of 20-50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10-25 pounds frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds continuously to move objects.
In order to be considered for this position, applicants must apply online at www.fvcc.edu/jobs; paper submission of applications or resume materials are not accepted for open positions. FVCC does not retain application materials for future consideration.
Additionally, applicants are required to submit the following documents by uploading them to the online application:
- Letter of application indicating how you meet the minimum qualifications and detail your work experience as it relates to the position's Knowledge, Skills and Abilities;
- A current, comprehensive resume or curriculum vitae; AND,
- Unofficial transcripts for all degrees held. (As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will submit official transcripts for all degrees held to FVCC HR prior hire. Only transcripts from accredited institutions will be accepted.)
EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATIONS, REFERENCE CHECKS AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECKS: Prior to any offers of employment, FVCC conducts thorough employment verifications and reference checks and may contact organizations and individuals not listed on an applicant's application or resume. Additionally, FVCC conducts post-offer criminal background checks.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities