This job has Expired
Sociology - Adjunct Faculty
To provide instruction, be accessible as assigned for student conferences (i.e. immediately prior to and following class sessions or by appointment), and maintain adequate and accurate academic performance and attendance records of students – all under the direction of the department dean or representative.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES, FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Respond to inquiries from students, College employees and customers while maintaining standards of confidentiality and privacy, in a timely manner. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the College, FERPA, student records, and any other protected documentation.
- Teach approved courses using applied learning methods in accordance with the course objectives, the established syllabus, the schedule of classes, and other College and program requirements. Instruct in a variety of learning environments, both on and off campus, which may include web-based, high schools, and other sites.
- Demonstrate ability and expertise in one's discipline and enthusiasm and creativity in teaching to create an environment that motivates students to learn. Manage the classroom and maintain records including preparing and updating course syllabi, course materials, technology, and web-based courses.
- Work with other faculty and the administration in carrying out all instructional procedures and willingness to follow procedures, both at on- and off-campus locations.
- Maintain accurate records of grades, attendance, etc. and academic performance of students. Maintain accurate records and possess strong organizational skills. Flexibility to meet academic classroom schedules and off-campus sites. Maintain user proficiency for software programs, systems, and databases used by the College.
- Ability to teach lecture and laboratory courses and operate laboratory equipment. Monitor safety practices within the classroom and laboratory.
- Attend organizational, orientation, or training meetings held preceding or during each academic term and departmental meetings whenever feasible.
Masters degree or higher in Sociology or related discipline required; or a masters degree with eighteen graduate semester hours in Sociology. Higher education teaching experience preferred. Exhibit excellent English, communication, and writing skills. Proficiency in Microsoft® Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) with strong computer and related technology skills required. Demonstrate the ability to work independently and complete projects with minimal direction and oversight. Any combination of work experience, training, and/or education equivalent may be accepted. Willingness to work an irregular schedule as assigned. Candidate must successfully pass a background check, prior to and after employment. Valid drivers license or dependable transportation required.
This position is classified as Faculty and will teach in a wide range of educational venues to provide quality instruction to a diverse student population for the college, primarily in a classroom or office setting. Further information may be obtained from the Office of Human Resources.
Any other duties deemed appropriate may be assigned - The duties and responsibilities defined above are not an all-inclusive list, but a general summary of typical duties. Individuals in this position may be asked to perform a wide range of related tasks, within the scope of their education or certification, to ensure that the highest levels of educational services are provided. We all share the responsibility of doing whatever is required to make Marion Technical College a great place to be - for an education and for a career.
Submit cover letter, resume/vita, and three professional references for the position; a single PDF file with all required application materials is preferred in the “attach/upload resume section” of the application.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED
All faculty and adjunct faculty positions require the applicant to submit unofficial transcripts for all post-secondary education degrees in the “attach other documents section” of the application.
If the position requires a licensure or certification, the applicant is required to submit a copy in the “attach other documents section” of the application.
Marion Technical College is an equal opportunity employer.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*