This job has Expired
Full Job Description
Work type: Full-time
Location: Bill J. Priest
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday (8:00-5:00)
Job Title Code
Salary Range (Full-Time)
$65,000 (Commensurate with experience and education)
The actions, services, and overall character of the Dallas College Community Manager (“CM”) provides an important catalyst for attaining members at the center and instilling with them a positive experience and outlook on the space. The CM is a major cornerstone in the club’s recognized culture, personality, and environment. The Community Manager maintains the full operational functions of the site, while also serving as the company’s chief host and ambassador. We support a progressive working approach for our personnel and encourage each member in our team to freely put to work their unique skillset, character, and creative mind.
We’re looking for a thoughtful, clever, humble, hungry, entrepreneurial minded person who is full of fantastic ideas and the energy to turn them into reality. Show us you have the enthusiasm, ambition, ability, and responsibility to make business happen for our clients and we’ll support you every step of the way as you build a rewarding career.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple tasks/projects at a time while maintaining high attention to detail.
- Significant experience with and strong comfortability with technology including proficient computer skills, experience with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Comfortability with social media platforms and apps.
- At least 1–2-year Project management and business operations experience required
- Experience teaching or facilitating educational sessions in-person and/or online, especially business educational programs is preferred.
Normal physical job functions are performed within a standard office environment. Reasonable accommodation may be made for individuals with physical challenges to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in a related field
- BA in Business Management, Marketing, or related field
- Master’s Degree in Journalism, Marketing, or related field preferred
- Significant related experience may substitute for education
- Experience with running a co-working space would be appreciated
- Media training is preferred
- Familiar with technology and running multiple platforms
- Experience with soliciting memberships or seeking new clients a plus
- Knowledge of database systems and co-working systems preferred.
***Will be subject to a criminal background check. Some positions may be subject to a fingerprint check.***
- Maintains overall space & manage all building operations and communicate with market support to ensure highest level of member satisfaction
- Strive to catalyze the success of the members in new, exciting, and pragmatic ways while seeking to engage new community initiatives that work well in the space. Lead VIP tours and special requests.
- Handle customer concerns, coordinating questions through to prompt resolution with the meetings with the team on behalf of the customers; solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations
- Monitor and give guidance to the scheduling of events to ensure there is a good balance of educational, member appreciation, and lead generating and sales-related events and to review for adequate procedural safeguards for the protection of members and company assets
- In conjunction with the training and guidance given by coworking space’s technical consultants, manage and oversee all aspects of the podcast facilities and their operations, and facilitate the member’s use of the tools, amenities, and resources therein.
- Seek opportunities to engage members to discover and discuss members objectives, i.e. using member service request as an opportunity to learn more about member, members business and any other needs member may have
- Design and implement rules, guidelines, and best practices for the community to optimize member experience
- Exercise discretion in guiding prospective members, including possibly gatekeeping where business may not be in the interests of greater community
- Explain co-working lab’s policies and procedures to members, including but not limited to membership agreement and billing procedures
- Ensure customer ease of use utilizing co-working platform. Ensuring all records are collected and processed accordingly
- Maintain daily operations and functional amenities, including but not limited to coffee service, software check-in systems, room and resource reservations, security systems, onsite display and monitor systems, communications, internet and computer access, podcast facilitation, and preparations for group gatherings.
- Review all membership and important documents to ensure the data is updated and manage daily reports and work with team to finalize weekly and monthly reports that outline community and sales progress
- Oversees all reporting aspects for team members and achieves clear communication on policy and procedures, performance reviews, weekly team member meetings and overall process changes.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally while maintaining strong Customer Service and sales skills, including the ability to remain flexible and calm in high pressure or continually changing situations.
- Pragmatic - Ability to be hands-on as well as strategic and be a trouble-shooter when the business need deems it appropriate to do so.
- Be a positive, supportive influence and team member with Dallas College’s members.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of this job and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Incumbents may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Position requires regular and predictable attendance.
Dallas College is part of an equal opportunity system that provides education and employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. Dallas College complies with the Americans with Disabilities and Veterans Act.
Advertised: 10 Jan 2023 Central Standard Time
Applications close: 24 Jan 2023 11:55 PM Central Standard Time
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities