Early Childhood Education Instructor - Tenure Track
Full Job Description
ABOUT THE COLLEGE:
Green River College's student body is made up of approximately 41% Academic Transfer students, 34% Professional-Technical, 15% Adult Basic Education, 3% Applied Bachelor degrees. Green River College has four campuses, including the main campus in Auburn, with satellite campuses in Kent, downtown Auburn, and Enumclaw. Green River programs serve high school graduates, Running Start students (dual enrollment in local high schools and the college), those seeking retraining for the workforce, international students, students learning English, and Continuing Education students. Green River's service areas are increasingly ethnically diverse, comprising African Americans, African immigrants, Asian Americans, Asians, Latinx, Native Americans, Pacific Islanders, and Middle Eastern Americans, among other communities.
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION:
Green River College is committed to enhancing and supporting a diverse campus environment, incorporating principles of equity in order to promote inclusive practices. Diversity is understood in terms of intersectional identities defined by culture, race, ethnicity, sex, gender, sexual orientation, social class, disability, religion, veteran status, immigration status, and age. Given the diversity of our student population and service areas, we encourage applications from faculty, staff, and administrators with demonstrated experience and expertise in supporting, sustaining and serving people from a wide range of backgrounds and collaborating effectively with others.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Early Childhood Education program at Green River College promotes an intellectually rigorous, culturally relevant curriculum, attracting students from diverse backgrounds, who are curious, critical thinkers whose goal is to provide exceptional education and care of young children. We seek an instructor who embraces the college mission, is passionate about teaching, advising, and empowering students, and is committed to engage in activities within the Division and the College.
The successful candidate must have the ability to perform the following:
- Work effectively with colleagues to develop, evaluate, and teach ECE courses, in face-to-face classroom settings and/or online using the CANVAS learning management system.
- Demonstrate the experience and commitment to meet the educational needs of students from a broad spectrum of cultures, ages, backgrounds, and abilities.
- Demonstrate commitment to teaching and advising, while maintaining current teaching practices, professional development, and commitment to Green River College and the professional community
- Assist with assessment of current instructional methods and participate in Green River College governance, department, division, and campus-related professional activities.
- Serve as or assist the Early Achiever’s Grant Point-of-Contact (PoC), which includes maintaining relationships with community early learning programs, student advising and mentoring, budgeting, and purchasing.
- Develop positive reciprocal relationships with schools and agencies in the community to actively support the success of effective early childhood providers and teachers
- Fulfill all other responsibilities as outlined in the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Master’s degree in early childhood education or related field. If in a related field, prior degree(s) in ECE.
- Demonstrated commitment to mentoring and supporting students from a wide range of experiences and backgrounds.
- Professional experience working with children, families, and communities in a variety of early childhood settings.
- Knowledge of state licensing regulations related to childcare; knowledge of MERIT Workforce Registry; and direct experience working with the Early Achievers program/process.
- Demonstrated commitment to issues in the field of early childhood education and infant/child mental health.
- Three years of adult teaching experience.
- Minimum two years of work experience in a program that serves children birth to 6 years.
- Three years’(+) experience teaching in higher ed setting
- Master’s in Early Childhood Education
- Experience/training in Infant and Early Childhood Mental Health
- Direct teaching experience with children birth-5
- One year(+) direct work with the Early Achiever system and processes
This is a full-time tenure-track position beginning Fall 2023, continuing with annual nine month contracts. The salary will be determined according to the candidate's educational background, teaching experience and applicable work experience. This position has been designated as a bargaining unit position represented by The Green River United Faculty Coalition.
Attach the following with your completed online application and responses to the Supplemental Questions (located under the tab titled "Supplemental Questions") to be considered for this position. Should you have any difficulties uploading the below documents, please contact Neogov tech support at 1-855-524-5627 Mon-Fri 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. pacific time.
- Cover Letter: Maximum 500 words highlighting your qualifications.
- Supplemental Question(s)
All offers of employment are subject to background checks. (Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.)
Green River College is a tobacco free campus. For more information on the tobacco policy, please visit the following link: https://www.greenriver.edu/campus/policies-and-procedures/general-administrative-policies/ga-2-tobacco-use-policy/
Jeanne Clery Statement: Notice of Availability of Annual Security and Fire Safety Report— Green River College’s Annual Safety and Fire Report is available online at www.greenriver.edu/CleryASFR, containing mandated information about current campus policies concerning safety and security issues, required statistics, and other related information for the past three calendar years. To obtain a paper copy of the report, please call 253-288-3350.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Green River College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, gender, gender orientation, age, marital status, religion, disability, genetic information or on any other unlawful basis. The college is committed to preventing and stopping discrimination, including harassment of any kind and any associated retaliatory behavior.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policies: Senior Director of Human Resources, 12401 SE 320th Street, Auburn, WA 98092-3622, (253) 351-3350. To receive this information in an alternate format, please contact Disability Support Services at (253) 833-9111, ext. 2631; TTY (253) 288-3359.
More than Just a Paycheck!
Medical, dental, life and long term disability insurance benefits are provided as currently administered under the Public Employees Benefits Board.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities