Part-Time Instructor - Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Full Job Description
Remote work opportunity for those living in Oregon.
We encourage you to apply for the complimentary Part-Time Advisor - Small Business Development Center role AND this role.
Part-Time Business Advisor - Small Business Development Center
Provides quality instruction that will contribute to the learning experiences necessary for each student to meet the objectives of the course and to be successful in both their education and career development experiences.
Instructs students in a classroom, lab, learning center, or other setting as appropriate.
- Prepares, distributes, and utilizes instructional support materials, including supplementary materials, instructional media, and other devices as appropriate; incorporates the latest classroom technology when available and appropriate into instructional activities.
- Structures classes and curriculum to correspond with the overall program objectives; prepares clear objectives for students each course. Maintains and revises curriculum to maintain currency.
- Understands, develops, and provides a learning environment that supports diversity and incorporates sensitivity to diversity within the College community.
- Understands and abides by College policies and regulations and other policies, procedures and materials as required by the College, departments or divisions.
- Convenes classes on time and as scheduled.
- Ensures and emphasizes safe working and classroom conditions and practices.
- May participate in professional development activities.
- Maintains current licenses or certificates in areas of expertise.
- May attend in-service sessions and division meetings.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Three (3) years of experience owning a small, business, working in a senior management level position for a small business, and/or supporting the small business community (i.e. small business banking).
- Extensive understanding in one or more areas or industries related to small business guidance including, but not limited to, agriculture, construction, E-commerce companies, marketing, operations, and/or technology.
- Experience developing curriculum and teaching adult learners.
- Bilingual skills in Spanish.
- Experience with Small Business Administration programs such as the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) and Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to lead programs, classes, and conversations on topics related to small business management and ownership.
- Knowledge of regulations related to the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP), Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program, and other Small Business Administration (SBA).
Work is typically performed in a normal office environment and classroom setting.
Visual eye strain and repetitive hand/wrist motion for data entry and keyboarding functions.
Salary placement will be based on applicable education and/or years of relevant full-time equivalent experience at the sole discretion of the College, per the guidelines in the applicable Collective Bargaining Agreement. Please include all relevant education and full and part-time experience in your application that you want the College to review towards potential placement. Hired employees will not have an opportunity to update past education and/or experience or appeal initial placement after the time of hire.
MHCC only accepts applications through our online application system at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mhcc/default.cfm. For technical assistance, please call 855-524-5627.
Please note: We do not request or read letters of recommendation. Also, it is not necessary to upload a large number of documents with your materials. We are looking for the required documents. Faculty applications require a current resume, cover letter and official transcripts (copies are fine for application purposes) and/or any required certificates or licenses.
Please note: this is initially a self-screening system. We recognize that our application process can be lengthy, so before you begin, please read all of the stated requirements to determine if you meet them. Applicants must meet all of the stated minimum qualifications and additional requirements to be considered for this position. Based on your responses to the qualifying questions, the system may automatically screen you out from further consideration.
Position subject to budget consideration and approval.
Final candidates will be subject to a criminal background check as part of the employment process.
MHCC is NOT able to support Visa applications for employment at the college. Applicants must already be eligible to work in the United States to be considered.
MHCC provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230, and 408.235; OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015.
Qualifying veterans and disabled veterans may obtain preference by submitting as verification of eligibility a copy of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215) or a letter from the US Dept. of Veteran's Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension to your application. Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of their Veteran's disability preference letter from the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, unless the information is included in the DD Form 214 or 215.
If you are seeking this preference, appropriate documentation must be provided at the time of application. You may submit an electronic copy in the document upload area of the application in the section marked "veterans' preference document," or fax to 503-491-7257 or mail to Human Resources, Mt. Hood Community College, Gresham, OR 97030. If you do not have your documentation, you may request it through your Veterans' Administration Office.
Applicants with disabilities may request accommodation to complete the application and interview process. Please notify Human Resources at least three working days prior to the date of need.
Mt. Hood Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer that actively supports workforce diversity.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities