Associate Director of International Admissions
Associate Director of International Admissions
Full Job Description
The Associate Director of International Admissions is responsible for recruiting international students, both undergraduate and graduate. This position is responsible for developing relationships with high schools, community colleges, international universities, and agents. Significant domestic and international travel is required for this position.
- Serves as a lead recruiter for international students (undergraduate and graduate).
- Represents Mercy College overseas at college fairs, recruitment events, U.S. embassies, and agency visits. Participates in recruitment of international students at community college transfer fairs and in outreach efforts to domestic high schools with significant numbers of international students.
- Manage partnerships with pathway providers, agents, U.S. and international high schools, language schools, community colleges, and universities.
- Collaborates with various departments such as International Student Services, Student Services Support Center, and Personalized Achievement Contract (PACT) to determine the best practices for international admissions and student services.
- Organizes international recruitment with other campus activities and works collaboratively with faculty and staff.
- Assists in the development of marketing materials and communications plans. Promotes an increased web and social media presence in international student markets.
- Assists with international admission processing, conducts foreign credit evaluations, assists with general international services to meet the special needs and requirements of international students.
- Processes applications from international undergraduate and international graduate student applications, prepare reports and maintain student records. Upholds SEVIS integrity for F-1 with state and federal regulations.
- Analyzes enrollment trends and executes new outreach strategies to maximize Mercy's presence in the international market.
- Assists the Director to create, develop and execute an undergraduate and graduate international student recruitment and marketing plan that meets enrollment and budget goals for fall, spring and summer start terms.
- Assist the Director to develop, analyze, and respond to data reports and remain current with market research and trends.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college is required. Master’s degree preferred.
Experiences and/or Skills Required:
- Minimum three to five years of experience in admissions and recruitment, preferably with international students.
- Proficient and adaptable with technology including Microsoft Office suite and a CRM (preferably Slate).
- Knowledge of at least one foreign language and international travel is desirable.
- Strong and inspirational communication skills, vibrant personality, attention to detail, and strong problem solving skills are essential.
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, written and oral communication, problem solving, coaching, organizational, and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of sales orientation, creativity and enthusiasm.
- Possess an abundance of enthusiasm and maintain a positive disposition.
- Ability to demonstrate competitive nature, self-direction, motivation and a sense of urgency to achieve goals.
- Proven resiliency in maintaining a spirited approach to recruitment.
- Ability to travel (Domestic and international) and work some weekends and evenings.
Mercy College has made the safety of our students, faculty, staff and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of this commitment, we recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on our campuses are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. As a prospective and/or a new employee, you will be required to comply with the College's vaccination policy.
Mercy College is a dynamic, diverse New York City area college whose students are on a personal mission to get the most out of life by getting the most out of their education. Our institution is an independent, coeducational college that offers more than 90 undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs within five schools: Business, Education, Health and Natural Sciences, Liberal Arts and Social and Behavioral Sciences. Mercy College's efforts in these programs have been recognized over the last several years. As a federally designated Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI), Mercy College, has been honored by being ranked nationally among the top Colleges in the country for Hispanics by the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU).
Mercy College was further recognized by HACU as a national leader in awarding bachelor's degrees to Hispanics in several disciplines, including Psychology, Sociology and Business. Additionally, to support our diverse student body, Mercy College has pursued and been awarded a number of federal grants which enable us to better develop and deliver services to our students. As a Hispanic Serving Institution, Mercy College is proud to be recognized as an institution which helps under-served students to achieve their educational aspirations. Westchester Magazine has also named Mercy College the Best College in Westchester county in 2019 and 2020.The vibrancy of the College culture is sustained by a diverse student body from around the region. Enrollment, including full-time and part-time undergraduates and graduates is approximately 10,557; The College offers campuses in Dobbs Ferry, Bronx, Manhattan as well as online offerings.
At Mercy College, we strive to provide employees and their families with a comprehensive and valuable benefits package. We offer high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts, flexible spending, and much more.
Mercy College is committed to providing motivated students the opportunity to transform their lives through higher education by offering liberal arts and professional programs in personalized and high quality learning environments, thus preparing students to embark on rewarding careers, to continue learning throughout their lives and to act ethically and responsibly in a changing world.
Mercy College is an equal opportunity employer. Mercy College actively engages in recruiting a diverse workforce and student body that includes members of historically underrepresented groups, and strives to build and sustain a welcoming and supportive campus community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ethnicity, creed, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Mercy College strives to provide employees and their families with a comprehensive and valuable benefits package. We offer high-quality health care plans, retirement benefits, tuition discounts, flexible spending, and much more.
Aetna: Aetna Elect Choice HDHP, Aetna Elect Choice EPO (In-network), Aetna Managed Choice POS (Out-of-network)
Emblem Health (UAW Union employees only): HMO (In-network)
Aetna: Aetna DMO (In-network), Aetna PPO (Out-of-network)
Paid Time Off:
Mercy College provides generous leave benefits to its employees.
Disabilities & Workers Compensation Insurance:
Coverage in accordance with New York State regulations
Long-Term Disability: The Hartford
Short-Term Disability: The Hartford
Flexible Spending Account (FSA):
The Mercy College Retirement Plan is comprised of two components:
Deferred Compensation Plan
All eligible employees may contribute to the Deferred Compensation Plan on a pre-tax basis upon joining the College.
Defined Contribution Plan
Eligible employees are enrolled in the Defined Contribution Plan after two (2) years of full-time employment at Mercy College and receive a semi-monthly contribution from the College, based on age and salary. If an employee is under age 36, they will receive a contribution of 3.3% of their annual salary each pay period. If an employee is age 36 or older, they will receive a contribution of 9% of their annual salary each pay period.
If employed full-time for two (2) or more consecutive years by another institution(s) of higher education (college or university), without an intervening break in service within the last twelve (12) months prior to employment before joining Mercy College, please submit a waiting period waiver form to Office of Human Resources. The Defined Contribution will begin as of the first day of the month following receipt of the completed waiver form.
Mercy College recognizes the important role that workplace flexibility can play in an employee’s ability to manage work-life balance.
Learn more about our remote work policy here.
Tuition Remission: Staff & Faculty
Mercy College provides a competitive education to students and extends that formal education opportunity to employees, and their spouses/domestic partners, and dependents at a reduced tuition rate through this Tuition Remission Benefits Policy for Mercy College Employees.
Learn more about our tuition remission here.
We are a member of the Tuition Exchange Program. Employees are eligible to apply for the Tuition Exchange Program after completing two (2) consecutive years of full-time employment.
Employee Assistance Program:
Allstate Identity Protection
Liberty Mutual Auto & Homeowners
Nationwide Pet Insurance
Note: The above describes a brief summary of benefits and is subject to change.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities