Physical Education Instructor (Part-Time) Reedley College
TitlePhysical Education Instructor (Part-Time) Reedley College
Campus LocationReedley College
Essential Functions of Position
The ideal candidate will share Reedley Colleges commitment to educating its racially and socioeconomically diverse student population. We currently enroll over 10,000 students of which 71% are Latinx, 1% are Filipino, 3% are Asian, 2% are African American, 19% are White, and 2% are multiracial. RC is a Hispanic-Serving Institution, reflecting the great responsibility that the College has to the educational attainment and economic well-being of the surrounding community. The successful candidate will join a department dedicated to the use of curriculum responsive to the students it serves.
Providing instruction in Physical Education in a variety of instructional settings and times, including evening and/or weekends, on-line or off-campus and large group instruction classes as needed, the instructor will be responsible for:
- Teaching a variety of courses which may include aerobics, badminton, basketball, fitness & health, golf, martial arts, racquetball, tennis, volleyball, weight training, fitness walking, floor exercises, introduction to physical education, and yoga; and
- Otherwise fulfilling all of the duties and responsibilities of instructors as required by Administrative Regulation 7122.
- Masters in physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education;
- Bachelors degree in any of the above AND Masters in any life science, dance, physiology, health education, recreation administration or physical therapy;
- A valid California Community College credential;
- The equivalent education and/or experience (requires an equivalency).
All candidates must have evidence of responsiveness to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, as these factors relate to the need for equity-minded practice within the classroom.
- Recent experience working with African American, Latinx, Native American, and other racially minoritized students in the classroom and an understanding of how historical patterns of exclusions of these groups in higher education shape patterns of participation and outcomes;
- Willingness to examine and remediate ones instructional, relational, and classroom practices to more effectively engage and support racially minoritized students;
- Experience and skill with addressing issues of equity in the classroom;
- Potential for contribution to institutional vitality and growth; and
- Knowledge of the community college and its mission and goals.
Salary and Benefits
Starting rates are $45.49 – $61.78 for lecture, $38.67 – $52.55 for lab, and $38.30 – $52.05 for non-instructional. Sick leave accrual is based on assignment hours.
The selection and hiring process will be explained by the hiring department if the candidate is extended an opportunity to interview.
Please note: This position does not have a closing date and applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the position(s) is/are filled. By applying for this position, you understand that you will be placed in a continuous pool. If at any time you are no longer interested in this position, please contact us at email@example.com so that we can remove you from the applicant pool.
This is a part-time position. Open until filled. Start dates may vary.
Additional Information about the Position
Open Until FilledYes
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities