This job has Expired
Full-Time Assistant Director of Auxiliary Services - Transportation & Athletics
POSITION: Full-Time Assistant Director of Auxiliary Services - Transportation & Athletics: Assistant Director; Athletics; Haverhill Campus; 37.5 hours/week, M-F 8:00am - 4:00pm; Non-Unit Professional Position
SUMMARY: The college is seeking a self-starter and self-motivated individual for the position of Assistant Director of Auxiliary Services - Transportation & Athletics. This position reports to the college's Director of Athletics and serve as the leader for the college's transportation division between our Haverhill and Lawrence Campuses, maintain the college's fleet of vehicles used for the transportation of students between campuses and those used by the Athletics program.
This position will also be responsible for additional roles with the Athletics program related to Auxiliary Services. These responsibilities include serving as a liaison to other campus departments, expanding department community outreach within our service area and growing alumni relations within the Department.
The incumbent must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills, be highly organized, detail oriented, and have the ability to handle multiple competing priorities. Independent interpretation, strong customer services and decision-making skills, and entrepreneurial minded.
The Assistant Director of Auxiliary Services - Transportation & Athletics is responsible for the following:
- Supervises the planning and technical implementation of transportation services and recommends strategies to provide efficient, safe and economical transportation
- Works and established relationships with vendors/partners such as the MeVA Transit
- Develops standards and requirements for certification of vehicle operation for faculty, staff and students.
- Oversees the processing of transportation requests for academic/student life use
- Prepares reports on vehicle usage and transportation needs
- Responsible for maintaining ridership data
- Acts as a liaison between the Department and other campus departments
- Maintains record of and coordinates maintenance of vehicle fleet
- Develops strategies for staffing campus shuttle service and develop the driver's work schedules
- Drives shuttle between campuses during traditional fall and spring semesters as schedule requires
- Serves as the Athletic Departments liaison to the Academic Coaching staff
- Oversees Athletic Department community outreach with specific coordinated effort within our service area
- Works to increase student usage of athletic area
- Works to support Alumni Relations as Directed by the Office of Institutional Advancement
- Work with the Director of Auxiliary Services as needed to address student needs
- Develop summer programming plan for the Department of Athletics.
- Provides regular updates to the Director for all managed responsibilities.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- High school diploma and two years of college course work
- Entrepreneur and self-starter to build college transportation system
- Strong background in customer service and planning
- Well organized, flexible and able to adapt to handle multiple projects
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive college vehicles
- Bachelor's Degree
- Prior experience working in Athletics
- Bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse population
BACKGROUND CHECK: Candidates will be required to pass a CORI and SORI check as a condition of employment.
COVID VACCINATION: Candidates for employment should be aware that all Northern Essex Community College students, faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated by January 3, 2022. Accordingly, initial employment is dependent upon receipt and verification of full vaccination status records; details of how to fulfill vaccine record verification requirements will be provided during the hire and onboarding process.
SALARY: Anticipated starting salary range is $52,000 - $55,000 annually with complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits. Actual salary will commensurate with education and experience.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities