This job has Expired
Library Associate Professor
Full Job Description
LIBRARY ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR
Priority application deadline: April 15, 2023, open until filled.
This is a full-time, 10-month faculty position on site at Taft College, to August 21, 2023.
The following is a representation of the duties for this position, it is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. The library operates under a team-based structure and library faculty perform multiple roles, including technical services, public services, user instruction, access and discovery of materials.
- Manage the library’s electronic and digital resources through various library platforms, including but not limited to Alma/Primo and OCLC WorldShare/Connexion.
- Contribute to collection development activities, including selection and deselection and recommending online and print sources for purchase by the library.
- Collaborate with area colleagues to facilitate projects, workflows, goals, and outcomes related to technical services.
- Provide information, training, and support to inform colleagues and the campus of new features and interface changes related to e-resource discovery and utilization.
- Serve as Open Education Resources librarian.
- Provide reference, instructional sessions, orientations, and workshops to students and faculty through multiple modalities.
- Design and produce curricular materials, research guides, information-literacy tutorials, and other resources in print, web-based, and multimedia formats that meet accessibility and accommodation requirements.
- Participate in planning processes and contribute to all areas of the library operation, including learning and service assessment.
- Participate in the development and assessment of learning outcomes, including analysis and the use of results to improve student learning and access to resources.
- Participate in division meetings, other meetings as needed, and serve on campus committees.
- Participate in program development and professional growth activities (in-service).
- Create an engaging, welcoming, inclusive, and equitable learning environment.
- Provide training and work directions to library staff and student workers.
- Complete reports, schedules, and grades within established guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Assigned schedule may include days and evenings and delivering instruction utilizing multiple modalities including in-person on campus, online, and hybrid.
An applicant may meet minimum qualifications in one of the following ways listed below:
- Master’s degree in Library Science, Library and Information Science, or the equivalent.
- An Equivalency Determination may be submitted along with all application materials to be considered for this position if you do not meet the stated minimum qualifications. The Equivalency Determination document may be found here or on the Taft College Human Resources website.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including students for whom English is not their first language, first generation college students, and students with physical and/or learning disabilities.
- Alma/Primo certification.
- At least one year of technical services experience in an academic library setting.
- Experience with OER and ZTC materials.
- Experience in providing reference services and managing and updating LibGuides in an academic environment.
- Experience with e-learning, instructional technology, and website content maintenance, accessibility, and accommodations.
- Awareness of library trends and emerging library technologies.
COMPENSATION Salary range for the position is $59,152-$87,388 per year. Placement at higher steps of the approved salary schedule will be evaluated based on education and experience. A doctoral stipend of $4,458.25 is available. This is a full-time, tenure-track, 10-month teaching position, located on the college campus.
BENEFITS West Kern Community College District offers a comprehensive fringe benefits program that includes District paid medical, dental and vision coverage for all employees and their dependents. Employees are eligible for membership in either CalPERS or CalSTRS retirement systems.
REQUIRED MATERIALS FOR APPLICATION:
- Letter of Introduction describing how you match the minimum and desired qualifications.
- A current resume or curriculum vitae.
- Completed Taft College application.
- Complete transcripts of all college/university coursework (unofficial is acceptable).
Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. For information on transcript evaluation services, please visit: http://www.ctc.ca.gov/credentials/leaflets/cl635.pdf
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY The West Kern Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. The District is dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination and, as such, is an equal opportunity employer. Veterans, women, minorities and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities