This job has Expired
Assistant Director of MassLINKS Academic Services- 2 Positions
The Assistant Director of MassLINKS Academic Services, provides educational leadership to the MassLINKS Department of Academic Services in support of the goals and objectives set forth by the Director of Adult Education and the Division of Lifelong Learning and Workforce Development at Mount Wachusett Community College. The Assistant Director of MassLINKS Academic Services manages the design, implementation, and assessment of all elements of the learning environment for the MassLINKS Adult Education Online Academy. As such, this position designs and delivers all elements of professional development for Academic Services Staff (including the onboarding process for new hires), evaluates new and existing technology for fit with learning environment and the digital ecosystem of the MassLINKS school, develops and implements systems to analyzes, evaluate, and ensure high quality instructional practices within the MassLINKS school, manages the development and implementation of accessible, research-based, and standards-aligned curriculum, establishes outcomes and systems for measuring key performance indicators of program performance, designs and participates in program development activities, evaluates the performance of instructors and/or content coaches designing and implementing personalized improvement plans as needed, and assists in the management of the day-to-day operations of the MassLINKS school. The Assistant Director of MassLINKS Academic Services supports the Director in preparing and submitting reports to funders and in preparing staff for site visits and program quality reviews conducted by funding agencies.
- Provide innovative and strategic leadership to the MassLINKS School at Mount Wachusett Community College.
- Manage assigned areas ensuring the effective day-to-day operations of the MassLINKS School at Mount Wachusett Community College.
- Manage all aspects of the development and delivery of accessible HiSET/GED Preparation curriculum aligned to the College and Career Readiness Standards for Adult Education (CCRSAE).
- Manage all aspects of the development and delivery of accessible ESOL curriculum aligned to the Massachusetts English Language Proficiency Standards for Adult Education (MAELPSAE).
- Provide leadership to equity initiatives within the MassLINKS Department of Academic Services aligned to the equity goals of MWCC.
- Serve as a member of the MassLINKS Access Team which serves as the ADA Coordinating body for the MassLINKS School.
- Manage the development and implementation of comprehensive systems assessing student learning and progress toward academic key performance indicators such as Measure Skill Gain, literacy, and numeracy development, and High School Equivalency Test Readiness.
- Manage the effective course placement of new students who have completed all steps of the multi-step enrollment process including the MassLINKS placement test and the initial administration of their appropriate initial National Reporting System (NRS) Assessment.
- Manage the development of academic course placement tools administered by the MassLINKS School at Mount Wachusett Community College.
- Develop and Implement a comprehensive HSE test readiness program including but not limited to: embedded whole class and small group instructional activities, small group and individual test readiness academic services, and personalized test readiness planning and preparation.
- Provide supervision and leadership to teams of instructors and subject specific content coaches ensuring the effective implementation of developed systems of support.
- Serve on cross-functional collaborative teams supporting collective and effective operations of the MassLINKS School at Mount Wachusett Community College.
- Serves on College, Local, and statewide committees as assigned by the Director of Adult Education.
- Provides educational leadership to the MassLINKS School, ensuring the alignment of mission between MassLINKS programming, Mount Wachusett Community College, and the Adult and Community Learning Services unit of the Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE).
- Manages the implementation of evidence-based instructional practices at the MassLINKS school including but not limited to the implementation of Evidence Based Reading Instruction (EBRI) as required by WIOA, and the implementation of evidence-based writing instruction.
- Manages the implementation of all phases of the Educator Growth and Effectiveness process required by ACLS, including but not limited to: (1) Self-Assessment (2) Professional Development Planning (3) Classroom Implementation of Learned Strategies (4) Ongoing observation and performance monitoring (5) Reflection.
- Prepares and submits all MCCC required evaluation materials for direct reports belonging to the MCCC union.
- Participates in the development and implementation of the MassLINKS multi-year strategic plan aligned to the strategic plan of the Division of Lifelong Learning and Workforce Development, Mount Wachusett Community College, ACLS, and the local workforce area.
- Collaborates with internal partners at the college to ensure the integration of MassLINKS students into the college community and ensuring access of MassLINKS students to the full spectrum of college resources and supports allowable under ACLS and MWCC policy.
- Collect and utilize programmatic data to improve current and future programming at MassLINKS.
- Develop and deliver tools to gather student feedback regarding experiences and use that feedback to improve Academic Services.
- Collaborates with external partners to ensure the appropriate service design and delivery for all shared customers seeking multiple services under WIOA.
- Ensures compliance with all local, state, and federal policy associated with the effective operation and delivery of Title II programming under WIOA.
- Provides ongoing guidance and technical assistance and support to all Academic Services staff and staff of other departments as assigned by the Director of Adult Education.
- Supports the Director in the preparation and submission of reports to funders as needed.
- Monitors reports and accuracy of data input into statewide Adult Education database (LACES), and college database (Banner).
- Other duties as assigned.
This position supervises the following Adult Education staff:
Full and Part-Time Adult Education and ESOL Instructors.
Full and Part-Time Content Area Coaches
- Bachelor's Degree In Education, Public Administration or related area;
- 3-5 years experience administering state and/or federally funded adult education and training programs; or an
- Appropriate combination of education and experience;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Master's Degree in Education, Curriculum Development, Public Administration or related area;
- Previous experience in Massachusetts Adult Education system;
- Previous experience as a certified K-12 or Adult Education Teacher;
- Previous experience teaching in a remote environment;
- Previous experience with LACES data management system;
- Knowledge of Google Workspace for Education applications and MS Office 365;
- Background in an alternative education/higher education setting.
Applicants who do not meet the qualifications as stated above are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them with the equivalent combination of education, training and experience required for the responsibilities of this position.
Employee Status: Full Time Grant Funded Grant End Date 6/30/24
Hours per Week: 37.5
Number of Weeks: 52
Mount Wachusett Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities