English/Speech Communications Faculty
STARTING DATE: Approximately August 7, 2023
APPOINTMENT: 2-Year Fixed-Term Full-Time Faculty
DEADLINE: To receive guaranteed consideration, application materials should be submitted online by April 3, 2023. The search will remain open until the position is filled.
- Planning for instruction – on campus and online
- Developing curriculum
- Assessing student learning
- Maintaining student records
- Interacting positively with students and staff
- Recruiting and retaining students
- Maintaining professional skills and credentials
- Assisting with departmental activities
- Participating on college committees
- Participating in professional development activities
- Teaching courses in English composition, technical writing, public speaking, and communications
Minimum (must meet both):
- Master's degree with a major in English or a Master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in English.
- Master's degree with a major in speech, speech communication, or communication, or communication studies or
- Master's degree in any discipline/field with a minimum of 18 graduate semester credits (27 graduate quarter credits) in speech, speech communication, or communication, or communication studies.
- Experience teaching college-level technical writing, English composition, public speaking, and communications courses.
- Experience in teaching developmental writing and reading courses a plus.
- Experience evaluating student performance in the classroom in accordance with college guidelines and curricula.
- 18 semester hours of graduate course work, primary focus rhetoric and writing.
- Experience creating and teaching online classes.
- Teaching philosophy that supports a student-ready/growth mindset focused approach.
- Ability to work with a diverse student body with a broad range of interests and abilities.
- Ability to work as a positive team member.
Alexandria Technical & Community College is constantly seeking to become a more diverse community and to enhance its capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. The College strongly encourages applications from persons with diverse backgrounds.
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCUs vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
TO APPLY: Apply online at https://www.alextech.edu/about-atcc/human-resources. Click on “Apply for Jobs.” You must apply online and attach a cover letter, electronic resume, and copies of your transcript(s) to your online application in order to be considered for this position.
CONTACT: Shari Maloney, (320) 762-4466) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits include health, dental, life insurance, and retirement plan. Alexandria Technical & Community College is committed to legal affirmative action, equal opportunity, access, and diversity of its campus community. (http://alextech.edu/nondiscrimination)
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities