This job has Expired
Instructor - Business (Accounting)
Lackawanna College is a private, accredited college serving the people of Northeastern Pennsylvania. Our main campus is located in downtown Scranton, and our footprint includes satellite centers in Covington Twp., Hawley, Hazleton, Sunbury, Towanda and Tunkhannock
Our mission is to provide a quality education to all persons who seek to improve their lives and better the communities in which they live. We provide our students with a direct path to a bachelor’s degree, associate degree, or one of many different professional certifications. Additionally, our Continuing Education department helps put the people of Northeastern Pennsylvania back to work with modern career skills. Lackawanna is also one of the most cost-efficient regional higher education institutions.
If our mission inspires you, and you are willing to go the extra mile to help our students succeed, please feel free to apply for this or future employment opportunities for which you meet the minimum qualifications. We particularly encourage applications from historically underrepresented groups including women and minorities. Please know that only the candidates who meet the minimum qualifications can be considered, and only those selected for interviews will be contacted by a college representative. No phone calls, please.
As a full-time faculty member, this person’s fundamental responsibilities will include teaching various 100-400 level accounting courses for the business division and fulfilling any accompanying duties as an instructor at Lackawanna College. Full-time faculty are responsible for a yearly course load of 27 credits across fall and spring semesters after their first full year, which offers a course release to participate in development sessions for new educators.
Faculty members are expected to contribute to the strategic vision for their departments and participate in college-wide academic affairs and division-level initiatives. Faculty members also serve as academic advisors to a group of students. Faculty are encouraged to think creatively and innovatively to propose ways to enhance and/or maintain programs and courses within their divisions. Business faculty are encouraged to remain active practitioners in their fields.
1) Prepare and deliver effective instruction in a range of associate’s and bachelor’s level accounting-based courses using relevant pedagogical methods with a strong outcomes-based teaching model. Deep knowledge of accounting, finance, and economics is essential to this role to support the balance of full-time faculty expertise within the division.
2) Create and implement opportunities to integrate real-world knowledge and realistic application of content into business courses, including experiential learning projects in collaboration with other College departments/ventures.
3) Develop/revise/teach courses to meet the changing needs of an increasingly technological workplace using our learning management system (Canvas).
4) Serve as an academic advisor for students during the fall and spring semesters.
5) Participate actively in departmental affairs and aid in the evaluation and ongoing development of the accounting and business curricula.
6) Continue professional and educational growth by taking advantage of in-house and external development opportunities.
7) Contribute to the College and the community by participating in functions and events when possible.
8) Participate in student learning outcome assessment and implement pedagogical and curricular changes accordingly.
9) Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
1) Successful classroom experience, using creative pedagogy and/or technology to meaningfully enhance and/or facilitate the adult learner experience.
2) Excellent interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective working relationships with students of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds. (Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations preferred, with an ability and willingness to provide respectful and inclusive learning environments.)
3) Knowledge of current trends in post-secondary education, including adult learning theories and outcomes-based learning models.
4) Passion for serving students, collaborating across the institution to achieve goals, and for supporting colleagues.
1) Master’s Degree (MAcc or MBA) required. Doctorate (or DBA) preferred. Certified Accountants (CPA or CMA) will be considered.
2) Degrees in Progress: Those to be conferred on or before December 31, 2023 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits required documentation for verification (transcripts, course program overview, etc.).
1) Demonstrated experience teaching, coaching, and/or mentoring diverse groups.
2) Experience as a successful practitioner in corporate or non-profit organizations, where professional growth can be used to support academic teachings at the College.
3) Demonstrated use of technology and/or project-based learning in the classroom to enhance learning experiences and strengthen retention and transfer of learning.
4) Experience with course development preferred.
5) Experience and skills related to administrative roles could lead to possible promotion to division chair if that is of interest to the candidate.
Applications will only be accepted via online method OR email. If selecting the email option, interested candidates can email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications, Wednesday March 29th, 2023. No phone calls, please.
In compliance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and all other applicable non-discrimination laws, Lackawanna College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran’s status, or genetic information in its educational programs and activities, admissions, and with regard to employment.
Lackawanna College is an accredited, private, non-profit educational institution providing opportunities for career and personal development within selected associates degree, certificate and continuing education program.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities