Workforce Development Coordinator
Full Job Description
- Responsible for leading efforts to implement and create a shared vision, strategic plan, and goals of an employer?led, industry-sector-focused workforce development model.
- Organize and facilitate sector councils in key industries to identify critical and specific workforce needs and foster alignment with identified educational strategies, curriculum, and training needs.
- Continually identify and assess “best practices” regionally and nationally to ensure that ISTC’s workforce networking system achieves a competitive advantage.
- Convene, develop and manage highly collaborative relationships related to workforce development with key stakeholders to promote business competitiveness and individual success in jobs and careers.
- Identify and foster effective partnerships between business, education, labor, economic development, and other workforce organizations, both locally and regionally.
- Work to increase understanding and support of the workforce system and its role in the community, business, and individual success.
- Works with the Public Relations Coordinator to execute and sustain an awareness campaign that includes: consistent public and media relations initiatives, website development, and appropriate marketing and online materials that connect employers, education and training service providers, and potential employees.
- Make public presentations, communicate with the community on issues, collaborate with regional partners to develop regional workforce development policies, and attend state, regional, and national forums and conferences.
- Work to diversify funding from public and private sources.
- Schedules and conducts workplace readiness training and life skills training for the student population.
- Support the workforce development functions of the college and community to include: assessment, training and instruction, recruitment and placement, communications and public relations, strategic planning, employer relations, liaison activities with service providers, and coordination with various workforce development agencies.
- Submit grant proposals on behalf of the college.
- Maintain a central file of all appropriate grants-related documents, such as funding agency regulations, program guidelines, and interpretive materials.
- Responsible for compliance and management of all grant-related activity, including the application process, grant negotiation process with funding agencies, grant administration, monitoring operational budgets, final grant closing reports, audits, etc.
- Maintain professional relationships with grant administrators at other colleges, universities, and educational institutions.
- Design, organize, promote, and facilitate employee grants-funded workshops.
- Develop, collect, analyze, update, evaluate, and submit reports regularly as required by the college and grants.
- Monitors laws, regulations, and technology changes that may affect program operations.
- Provide support for the Council on Occupational Education (COE) accreditation requirements.
- Liaises directly with the Department of Corrections, Bureau of Pardons and Parole officials.
- Must be eligible to enter any/all Department of Corrections (DOC) facilities to perform the job duties and maintain this status for continued employment.
- An understanding of and commitment to the philosophy and mission of a community and technical college.
- Sensitivity and commitment to cultural diversity.
- Services on committees as needed.
- Complies with any applicable guidelines, procedures, and policies set forth by the Alabama Community College System (ACCS) Board of Trustees, the Alabama Community College System, and JF Ingram State Techincal College.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Written and verbal communication skills, including creating compelling donor materials.
- Theories, principles, and practices associated with higher education.
- Knowledge and exposure to the professional literature as it relates to grants/grant writing
- Proven experience in grant writing and grant administration.
- Preparation and administration of cost-effectively allocating limited resources effectively.
- Excellent organizational skills, attentive to detail, and can prioritize multiple tasks.
- Understand and maintain confidentiality and professional integrity.
- Ability to work under moderate pressure on schedules, deadlines, and requirements for accuracy.
- Ability to think logically, organize, and analyze data.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Skills in short and long-range planning and project management.
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, business or public administration, or a related field; Five (5) years of experience in management, administration and/or monitoring is required. Master’s degree in public relations, marketing, business or public administration, or related field; experience in grant writing, strategic planning public relations/communications is preferred.
General Information: J.F. Ingram State Technical College is a postsecondary correctional education institution. Our mission is to provide quality educational services to individuals incarcerated in central Alabama’s correctional facilities. The student population served is diverse in age, race, educational, economic, and cultural background.
Alabama Therapeutic Educational Facility
Limestone Correctional Facility
Bibb Correctional Facility
Donaldson Correctional Facility
St. Clair Correctional Facility
Draper Instructional Service Site
Thomasville Day Reporting Center
Easterling Correctional Facility
Tutwiler Instructional Service Center
Fountain Correctional Facility
Ventress Correctional Facility
Additional Adult Education Sites
Birmingham Work Release Center
Loxley Work Release Center
Bullock County Correctional Facility
Montgomery Women's Facility
Elmore Correctional Facility
North Alabama Work Release Center
Kilby Correctional Facility
Red Eagle Work Release Center
Pardons and Paroles Centers
Birmingham Day Reporting Center
Baldwin Day Reporting Center Lite
Huntsville Day Reporting Center
Fort Payne Day Reporting Center Lite
Montgomery Day Reporting Center
Jasper Day Reporting Center Lite
Mobile Day Reporting Center
Opelika Day Reporting Center Lite
Perry County Reenty Education Program
Sand Mountain Day Reporting Center Lite
Salary Range: Salary will be determined by placement on the appropriate Alabama Community College System-approved salary schedule. C 3 ($63,431 - $94,863)
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: https://istc.edu/employment/
If you have problems completing your application, contact the Human Resources Coordinator at email@example.com.
Applicants must meet the minimum qualifications indicated on this vacancy notice and submit a completed online application packet through the online application system by the deadline date to be considered for this position. The applicant’s sole responsibility is to ensure his or her application packet is complete. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of an interview.
A complete application consists of the following:
- Online employment application
- Current resume
- Copies of college transcripts
Application materials, including transcripts, must prove that the applicant meets all minimum qualifications. Unofficial transcripts are acceptable for application; however, the College may request official transcripts before extending an employment agreement to the successful candidate. Degrees must be posted on transcripts.
Application Procedures/Additional Information
The College will not incur the cost of applicants' interview expenses. Applicants desiring reasonable accommodations for the interview are encouraged to request such accommodations when contacted for an interview appointment.
The College reserves the right to fill the position within one year of the stated, anticipated starting date or not to fill the position due to budgetary or operational considerations. Further, the College reserves the right to fill more than one position in the same job classification should another vacancy occur during the search process.
In accordance with Alabama Community College System policy and guidelines, the applicant selected for employment will be required to sign a consent form for a criminal background check. Employment will be contingent upon receiving a clearance notification from the criminal background check. If a conviction for a felony or any crime involving moral turpitude is found, the procedures established for the Board of Trustees policy concerning criminal background checks will be followed.
Ingram State Technical College (ISTC) actively participates in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify), which electronically confirms an employee's eligibility to work in the United States as the Department of Homeland Security requires. Applicants hired by ISTC will be subject to the E-Verify process pursuant to Act. No. 2011-535.
ISTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment. ISTC will make reasonable accommodations for qualified candidates or employees. ISTC reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time before the awarding.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities