This job has Expired
Adjunct Faculty, Computer Information Systems
Adjunct responsibilities include preparing and/or managing course materials and instruction; following provided course outlines and assessing objectives; performing certain administrative tasks such as submitting course grades, syllabus, and attendance; occasionally participating in professional development activities, and meeting with students before or after class as needed.
Teaching assignments could be any combination of face-to-face, hybrid, online, or using teleconference software like Zoom. Applicants who are available to teach on-campus will be prioritized. If selected to be interviewed for this position, the candidate will be asked to present a virtual lesson on a topic to be determined.
Refer to the JCCC course catalog for detailed descriptions. (https://catalog.jccc.edu/coursedescriptions/)
- Programming Fundamentals (Python) (CS 134)
- Beginning Programming using Python (CIS 142)
- Concepts of Programming Algorithms using Java (CS 205)
- A masters degree or above in computer science (or subfield) or computer information systems OR
- A masters degree or above with 18 graduate hours in computer science (or subfield) or computer information systems OR
- A bachelors degree or above and a combination of:
- at least two years of discipline-related work experience (non-teaching); and
- discipline-related course work at a level above the course desired to teach.
- (Discipline-related certifications may ease the course work and discipline-related work experience requirements.)
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Current industry or educational experience in computer science, information systems and/or data analytics
- Programming skills (Java and/or Python)
- Experience with learning management systems
- Teaching experience in an academic setting
- Ability to teach online using Zoom or similar platform
To be considered for this position we will require an application, resume, transcripts and cover letter.
- Unofficial transcripts are required for all Adjunct faculty and Faculty positions.
Duties and responsibilities, as required by business necessity, may be added, deleted or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing. Scheduling, shift assignments and work location may be changed at any time, as required by business necessity.
Diversity Statement: Here at Johnson County Community College, we seek to inspire positive change for our students, faculty, and staff through promoting growth and development of all individuals. We aim to create a sense of belonging, accepting all values, life experiences, and perspectives on our campus. We are seeking individuals who will bring their true, authentic selves to JCCC so we can broaden perspectives with innovative ideas, interests, and passions, while fostering and promoting our diversity commitments to our community. We believe that engaging all of our unique employees is the key to students success. You belong here.
About JCCC: Established in 1969, Johnson County Community College is dedicated to transforming lives and strengthening communities through learning. Located in Overland Park, Kansas, JCCC has enjoyed a national reputation for educational excellence and student success for more than 50 years. That's five decades dedicated to smaller class sizes, more resources and a thriving campus culture – not to mention our competitive tuition rates and extracurricular experiences that transcend the norm.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Johnson County Community College (JCCC) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. JCCC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
Disclosure: If you need any assistance throughout the search process, please reach out to the HR Generalist for this position. In accordance with the college policy, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. Individual hiring departments at JCCC may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process. Many departments require those selected for hire to submit a certified transcript for all degrees obtained. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to apply prior to the review date listed in posting.
If you are an applicant requesting assistance or a reasonable accommodation in the application process, please contact the Office of Human Resources at 913-469-3877, or email JobsAtJCCC@jccc.edu.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*