This job has Expired
Campus Safety Responder
Campus Safety provides services that preserve, protect and defend the health, safety and welfare of the Colleges students, faculty, staff, guests and invitees. Campus Safety also guards the Colleges assets and protects the College from liability. The schedule varies as needed, but does not exceed 29 hours per week. This is a part-time as needed position, hiring for third shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promotes the safety and security of all Terra students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Assures that all campus security systems and alarms are set and that all buildings are secure at the end of each day.
- Management of all aspects of safety operations on campus, including documenting criminal incidents, emergency medical incidents; hazardous incidents, potentially violent incidents, auto accidents, and others.
- Responds to incidents on campus, determines actions to take, and documents a complete written record of the incidents to meet federal and College reporting requirements.
- Addresses complaints and resolves problems.
- All other duties as assigned.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and manage in a dynamic, changing environment desired.
- Proficient in word-processing, internet and e-mail.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse group of student, faculty and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team player, and collaborate with colleagues.
- Effective verbal, written and listening communication skills
- Effective problem-solving skills.
- Prefer abilities in public safety, PHSA training, first aid/CPR certification, blood borne pathogen, and MSDS chemical safety training.
Education and Work Experience:
- Associates degree preferred.
- Two years of security/police/fire/military experience preferred.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*