1. Maintains a lead role in the provision of instructional services at all locations (except Williamson County), teaching library skills and research methods as needed to support the curriculum and assigning instructional classes to the other libraries.
2. Provides reference and information services to students, faculty, administration, and community users of the library.
3. Instructs individual library users in the public service area.
4. Prepares research guides and other teaching materials in a variety of formats.
5. Evaluates print materials, electronic databases, and internet resources for inclusion in the librarys collection.
6. Assists at libraries in extended locations with any public service activity required to operate the unit including, but not limited to, reference, instruction, computer assistance and instructions in accessing Teaching and Learning Center web site, and any appropriate service activity.
7. Participates in library policy and procedure development.
8. Cooperates with faculty in selecting materials and in planning for their effective use.
9. Encourages and promotes the use of the library and its materials and services.
10. Participates in public and community service activities.
11. Learns new technologies and provides training to others in their use.
12. Develops bibliographies and tutorials both in print and online.
13. Trains college faculty and staff in the use of library resources.
14. Provides collection analysis for departmental internal and accreditation reviews.
Actively participate as a member of the college community to support and provide service for student success.
Serves on college committees
3. Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of the Library.
4. Provides circulation assistance in Columbia as needed.
Education, Training and Experience Required:
Masters degree accredited by the American Library Association.
Education, Training and Experience Preferred:
Reference and instructional experience with cataloging experience preferred
Experience with Ex Libris (Voyager) or other integrated library system preferred.
Experience creating LibGuides using SpringShare preferred.
Experience working in Library Archives preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Work Characteristics:
1. Maintains an awareness of current technologies and trends in libraries.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English.
3. Ability to relate to a diverse faculty, staff, student and community population.
4. Good organizational skills and initiative.
5. Provides excellent customer service.
6. Pleasant and supportive in performance of public duties.
1. Flexible work hours are required
2. Lifting up to 40 pounds
3. Sitting for long hours at a computer terminal
4. Climbing ladders
5. Pushing heavy carts up to 100 pounds
6. Assistance with extended campus services is required
7. Assistance with Saturday services in Columbia is required
Hiring Salary Range: $39,590 - $49,480
This position is based at the Columbia Campus
About Columbia State Community College:
As Tennessees first community college (established in 1966), Columbia State is committed to increasing access and enhancing diversity at all five of our campuses. Columbia State is a member of the Tennessee Board of Regents. Columbia State is known for excellence both inside and outside the classroom.
Columbia State offers a comprehensive benefits package, including but not limited to the following:
Vacation and Sick Leave
13 paid holidays
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Optional 401K and 403B Deferred Compensation Plans
Educational benefits for the employee and their spouse and dependents
Columbia State Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnic or national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, age (as applicable), status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other category protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies:
Director of Human Resources
1665 Hampshire Pike, Columbia, TN 38401
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*