This job has Expired
Business Administration Instructor
The Business Administration Instructor teaches business courses and implements the instructional program in accordance with course syllabi, College policies and Alabama Community College System guidelines. The instructor advises and recruits students, assists in updating curricula, maintains teaching equipment, serves on College committees, and supports the total mission of the College. The instructor coordinates instructional activities with the Division Director where applicable and performs other duties as assigned. The position requires extensive knowledge
Salary Schedule D1 IA - IV
$44,780 - $87,562, nine months
$13,825 - $27,081, three months, if applicable
- Perform assignments and maintain duty hours in accordance with the current faculty schedule. Classes may be scheduled day, evening, or weekends to meet student needs.
- Teach courses as assigned in accordance with the course syllabi, facilitate student learning, and assist in implementing the total instructional program.
- Promote safety throughout the total instructional program.
- Maintain instructional related records including student attendance, student grades, enrollment records, competency records, student's plan of study, etc.
- Provide timely and accurate student attendance verification reports.
- Maintain classroom and laboratory equipment, supplies, and environments, which promote learning to perform in the current and emerging work world environments.
- Communicate with program advisory committee members, employers, and former students to receive guidance for upgrading curriculum and instruction.
- Provide academic advisement and assistance to students in career decision-making program planning, registration, and job seeking.
- Coordinate with the college placement office to identify potential employment opportunities for students and to identify students interested in job placement.
- Assist in developing and upgrading course syllabi and other curriculum materials.
- Manage live work activities, records, and materials where included in the curriculum.
- Serve on college committees as needed to support the total mission of the college.
- Promote the specific instructional program and the total institution within the occupational area and throughout the community.
- Recruit students for classes and the program.
- Assist in recruiting, orienting, and supporting adjunct instructors to teach courses in area of responsibility.
- Keep up to date with teaching methodology, occupational information, and technology through professional development activities.
- 1Comply with applicable laws and regulations communicated through memos, staff meetings, and professional development workshops.
- Adhere to annual faculty evaluations.
- Develop and implement lesson plans and appropriate test and measurement devices.
- Be prompt and punctual in reporting for work. Maintain assigned office hours.
- Attend faculty meetings, in-service programs, and other college programs and functions, such as commencement and award ceremonies.
- Maintain confidentiality and an excellent level of integrity; demonstrate good moral character and initiative at all times.
- Participate fully in the institutional planning process and assist in carrying out the overall instructional mission of the College.
- Maintain compliance with College and program-related accreditation and certification standards.
- Retain and submit documentation as requested to support accreditation efforts.
- Perform other duties as directed by the instructional dean and executive administration.
- Masters degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in Business Administration or closely related business field from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of three (3) years full-time work experience in Business Administration or a closely related field.
- Experience in teaching classes in both traditional and online format.
- Competency in the use of learning management system (ex: Canvas, Blackboard) to complement instructional duties.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and manage complicated tasks.
- Ability to utilize a PC and related hardware and software including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to deal effectively with students, other employees, and the public.
- Competency in the use of current educational technologies and willingness to develop and teach web-based courses.
- Commitment to all students, including those of diverse ages, cultures and ethnic backgrounds.
- Ability to conduct individual and small group instruction.
- Successful problem-solving skills.
- Ability to demonstrate and provide instruction while working on equipment.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to lift, move, or transport independently instructional equipment specific to the program.
- Ability to operate and demonstrate all equipment integral to the curriculum.
- Prolonged sitting and standing at times.
- Some overnight travel required.
- Valid drivers license and ability to travel independently.
- Ability to work with large groups.
- Ability to traverse both campuses.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- 1Ability to communicate by using PC, telephone, and written media.
Trenholm State Community College online employment application.
- A current resume, including three (3) references.
- Copy of transcripts that demonstrate the required educational qualifications must be included and must identify the applicant, institution, degree, and date conferred.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Complete application files will be accepted by the Office of Human Resources on a continuous basis and remain active for one year for available positions. Incomplete application packets will eliminate the possibility of a position opportunity.
EEOC, E-VERIFY, BACKGROUND CHECK STATEMENTS: Trenholm State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the official policy of the Alabama Community College System that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, disability, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity, or employment. Trenholm State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees.
Trenholm State Community College reserves the right to withdraw this job announcement at any time prior to the awarding. More than one position in the same job classification may be filled by the applicants for this position should another vacancy occur during the search process. Any offer of employment is contingent upon a satisfactory criminal background investigation. The applicant will be responsible for the cost of the criminal background investigation.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*