Radiologic Technology Instructor - Adjunct
- Duties and Responsibilities
Application Pool Notice
Laredo College continuously accepts applications for part-time (adjunct) instructors to create a pool of candidates for each session/semester. Applications will be reviewed and positions will be filled based on department needs. Applications received for this pool will remain active for one year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Provide a safe environment for students; encourage students to use available support services; encourage group activities and involvement of classes within Health Sciences as appropriate. Collaborate with support services to ensure information is shared and discussed. Prepare a professional development plan in consultation with the department chair; review the plan on an on-going basis with the Diagnostic Imaging Program Director or designated person; work with assigned peer mentor; serve as peer mentor as requested. Promote the college's programs and curricula.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure instructional quality for the student as assessed by content mastery and competency-based skills.* Create, modify, and implement Radiologic Technology curriculum.
- Identify, collaborate, and evaluate clinical sites for student learning needs
- Maintain current and unrestricted licensure, level of expertise, and remain current in discipline changes via conferences, continuing education units, course work, journals, etc.
- Ensure course syllabi clearly reflect expectations of the students, including new competencies identified through the systematic program evaluation.
- Effective written and oral communication with students on all information pertinent to student business, such as email or website course requirements, grade determination, testing, other assignments, and information regarding other departmental policies.
- Compile, administer, and grade course work in a timely manner. Inform students of course progression and must be able to develop personalized educational plans to promote student success.
- Maintain security of assigned equipment, classrooms, office, and all other teaching materials.
- Maintain HIPPA and FERPA standards.
- Provide information and/or data as needed for educational, funding, and/or accrediting agencies.
- Follow the procedures related to the Registrar's Office such as grade reports and deadlines; attendance record reports; withdrawal deadline; class changes; and time and room scheduling.
- Follow Laredo College's course, faculty, and student evaluation procedures.
- Follow the proper procedures for requesting textbooks, instructional supplies, expendable supplies, and travel requests. Submit travel and absence reports within one week.
- Substitute for colleagues when necessary.
- Prepare, assign, and direct the students in library research and/or outside assignments.
- Follow the academic calendar as approved by the LC Board of Trustees.
- Participate in institutional and departmental committees Southern Association accreditation activities; implement Institutional Effectiveness plan in occupation area; and program accreditation activities.
- Participate in assessment, implementation, and evaluation of Institutional Effectiveness measures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Completes registration and prepare students for clinical sites.
- Provides clinical instruction, observation, and supervision of students.
- Performs imaging procedures.
- Supervises, coordinates and evaluates all clinical education for radiologic technology students in assigned areas.
- Prepares and maintains course outlines and objectives, instructs and evaluates students, and reports progress
- Participates in the assessment process, when appropriate
- Cooperates with the program director in periodic review and revision of course materials
- Maintains appropriate expertise and competence through continuing professional development.
NOTICE: Required Documents
To be considered for this position, you are required to upload your resume and unofficial transcript(s). If recommended for this position an official transcript(s) will be required. If a license or certificate is required for this position, upload proof of your current license/certificate.
- Must have a minimum current Registration of the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist.
- Two years of clinical and/or a combination of clinical and teaching experience at a community college.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The faculty demonstrates:
•Pedagogical competency focused on student learning and engagement
•Use of current technology to enhance teaching effectiveness (Canvas/Microsoft Office is required)
•Professionalism and effective oral and written communication skills with the public, students, colleagues, and administrators
•Ability to operate specialized simulation and laboratory equipment
•Ability to develop and use various teaching strategies
•Willingness to work flexible schedules which include: days, evenings, and weekends, as needed
- Additional Information
Students in classroom, lab, and clinical sites.
Diagnostic Imaging Program Director, Allied Health Programs Director, Dean of Health Sciences/Nursing Programs Director
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move items weighing up to 50 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is performed in a standard office environment. Work-inside a well-lighted and air-conditioned area most of the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Required to work safely and follow safety rules. Report unsafe working conditions and behavior. Take reasonable and prudent actions to prevent others from engaging in unsafe practices.
Immediate supervisor may assign other duties. May be required to work outside regular working hours, as needed. May be required to work at a different college work site or campus as needed.
In compliance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Executive Order 11246 and Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Laredo College is open to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, or national origin who are otherwise eligible for admission as students. Furthermore, Laredo College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and no applicant or employee will be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability or national origin. This institution will not enter knowingly into any contractual agreement for services or supplies with any firm failing to follow fair employment practices.
Foreign degrees require an evaluation for United States equivalency from an approved stated education agency or having membership with the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Transcripts issued outside the United States of America require a course-by-course analysis with an equivalency statement from a certified transcript evaluation service verifying the degree equivalency to that of an accredited institution within the USA. This report must be attached to your online application at the time of applying. For your convenience, we have provided the following links to assist you in complying with this requirement. However, you may use any other certified transcript evaluation service. http://tea.texas.gov/Texas_Educators/Certification/Out-of-State_Certification/Foreign_Credential_Evaluation_Services/ http://www.naces.org/members.htm
The above description is an overview of the job. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and responsibilities of the job, nor is it intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Duties and responsibilities may change with business needs. LC reserves the right to add, change, amend, or delete portions of this job description at any time, with or without notice. Employees may be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made by LC as its discretion to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.erform the essential functions.
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities