Assistant Coach Adjunct Non Instruction
The position is a part-time Non Instructional assistant coach assignment in the Kinesiology and Athletics division.
Position: Assistant Coach (Pool for the following sports)
- Men & Women's Track & Field
- Men & Women's Cross Country
- Men's Basketball
- Men's Golf
- Men's Soccer
- Men's Volleyball
- Women's Basketball
- Women's Golf
- Women's Soccer
- Women's Tennis
- Women's Volleyball
- REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES
- Instruct students in the assigned discipline.
- Assignment may working during the day, evening, Saturday, and/or off-campus sites.
- Travel between District locations is also expected
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
(Applicant must meet one of the following)
- Minimum Qualifications for Faculty in California Community Colleges: Any bachelor's degree and two years of professional experience, or any associates degree and six years professional experience.
- Antelope Valley College Equivalency: No Antelope Valley College Equivalency
AND a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students (Assembly Bill 1725; Education Code 87360).
- Previous college assistant coaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to coach, develop and promote an intercollegiate sports program.
- Experience with year round advertisement, recruitment, organization, coordination and implementation of program needs.
- Demonstrated experience in mentoring students toward achieving positive academic and athletic progress.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive effective working relationships with on campus groups including students, faculty, administrators and staff as well as off campus community and education partners.
- Knowledge of the California Community College Association (CCCAA) Constitution and Bylaws.
- OTHER INFORMATION
It is the responsibility of each applicant to have all the requested documents submitted through NEOGOV by the deadline date in order to continue in the application process for this position.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS - PLEASE READ
- Each recruitment is conducted independent from others; therefore, interested parties need to submit separate complete application packages for each position they apply.
- It is important the applicants submit ALL documents requested for the application package to be deemed complete and given consideration.
- This includes, but is not limited to, submitting transcripts for all college coursework or degrees when requested to do so within a job announcement.
- All out of the country transcripts must be evaluated prior to submitting them with applications.
- Any evaluation service member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES) http://www.naces.org/ is acceptable.
- If letters of recommendation are required, letters must be current within two years, signed and dated from individuals having knowledge of your professional experience.
- Typing certifications must be current within one year and must include name, date and net words per minute (NWP).
- For those disciplines with established Academic Senates approved equivalency: complete the Supplemental Equivalence Request form (If applicant is applying based on an equivalency and is requesting review)
- Applicants may be subject to passing an examination (written/technical), as appropriate to the requirements of the position.
- Residency within a reasonable geographical area of the college may be necessary.
- Travel expenses for pre-employment interviews and employment processing will not be authorized.
If you have, any questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Human Resources Office.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Antelope Valley College prohibits discrimination and harassment based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, or sexual orientation. Upon request, we will consider reasonable accommodations to permit individuals with protected disabilities to (a) complete the employment or admission process, (b) perform essential job functions, (c) enjoy benefits and privileges of similarly-situated individuals without disabilities, and (d) participate in instruction, programs, services, activities, or events.
Annual Security Report is provided by Antelope Valley College for prospective students and employees. A copy of this report is available at http://www.avc.edu/administration/police/
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities