This job has Expired
Instructor, Hospitality Management
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
This position will be open until filled. For full consideration, all application related materials should be submitted by June 14, 2022. Application review will begin June 15, 2022.
Demonstrating teaching excellence instruct students in Food and Beverage Instructor courses in accordance with College policies and procedures.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
This tenure track Instructor - Food and Beverage position will begin in August 2022. The responsibilities of this position include:
- Instructs students in courses in disciplines
- Provides learning activities that stimulate student involvement and encourage critical thinking
- Serves on college-wide and departmental committees as needed
- Provide an excellent teaching experience to a diverse student body using effective teaching strategies.
- Develop syllabi and course materials that may be taught on-ground, online, or hybrid.
- Maintains regular office hours to assist students; responds to students' emails and voice mails in a timely fashion; performs accurate assessment of student performance
- Maintains professional competencies in the subject area and currency in instructional methodologies through professional associations and professional development
- May perform other related tasks as assigned by the Program Director, Department Chair, Dean, and/or Academic Vice President
- Works with Director to provide internship opportunities paid/unpaid for students and serves as a mentor to students
- Participates in extracurricular activities related to program areas to include, but not limited to student clubs, groups, recognition, and award programs
- Assignments may be multi-campus with the possibility of day, evening and/or weekend classes.
- Extensive knowledge of subject matter and relevant topics and issues in the teaching discipline
- Knowledge of effective instructional techniques and innovative modes of course delivery adaptable to a variety of learning styles
- Must be knowledgeable about and capable of using current technologies in the classroom and to convey online course content
- Understands the comprehensive mission and philosophy of The College of Southern Nevada.
- Works cooperatively with colleagues - is a team player
- Must demonstrate creativity and innovation in the field, service in the profession, and/or the community
- Effective planning, organizing, communication, and interpersonal skills including use of tact and discretion and the ability to meet deadlines
- Effectively assisting and assessing student learning
- Interacting with students of diverse backgrounds
- Being punctual for classes and office hours
- Maintaining an established schedule which may include evenings and weekends and possible multiple campus locations that may vary by semester
- Maintaining confidentiality of student information
Demonstrated proficiency using computer applications, online resources, and other technologies for the classroom and online learning as well as to develop and build course content, curriculum and perform administrative duties (posting office hours, syllabi, grades, etc.)
- Reliable transportation may be required for teaching in multiple campus locations.
- Work is routinely performed in a classroom and/or online.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and colleagues
- Master's degree from Regionally Accredited College/University
- Five years or more of professional hands-on experience in Food and Beverage or related industry
- PhD in related field
- Previous teaching experience
- Work experience at a university or community college in a traditional classroom setting
- Experience in online teaching
- Ability to design new courses for traditional in person delivery or online classes
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching - passion for subject matter and teaching to diversified, domestic and international students
- Demonstrated experience in advising and providing active and responsive mentorships to students
- Resourceful and energetic in attracting industry partners for internships. Creative/entrepreneurial spirit - ability to develop innovative curriculum design and co-curricular experiences
- Experience working with a diverse/multicultural student body and/or workforce
Starting Salary Range
Initial salary placement is based on educational level and total years of full-time equivalent teaching experience. For example, for an instructor with a Master's degree the salary range would be $46,691 to $58,364 annually. The entire salary range is up to $70,038 annually with a Doctorate and 10 years' experience. A maximum of 10 years of experience will be considered for the initial salary placement purposes.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
- Cover Letter
- Contact information for three professional references (names, email, and phone)
- Syllabus (or sample syllabus)
- Unofficial Academic Transcripts (Applicants who have earned their degrees outside of the United States must have their educational transcripts evaluated by an approved evaluator if their college or university is not listed in the most recent edition of the Higher Education Directory, published by Higher Education Publications, Inc. If you have any questions regarding this, please reach out to the Human Resources, Talent Acquisition & Classification team)
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications.
The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
Out of Area/State Candidates will not be offered travel reimbursement.
Bargaining unit Faculty members hired are eligible for relocation expenses reimbursement in accordance with the College of Southern Nevada Faculty Contract CSN-NFA Contract 2020-22.
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a persons age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.jeid-46d31c3e76afa64dbe3def2f31470d15
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities