This job has Expired
Histotechnology Instructor (Full-Time 9 Months)
Under the supervision of the Dean of the School of Health Science and the Program Head, the instructor is responsible for course content and syllabi for all assigned courses. Each instructor will provide effective instruction in all classes by implementing active learning strategies and focusing on student learning outcomes. The instructor must work in compliance with the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS) guidelines and must collaborate to maintain the highest level of accreditation. The instructor is responsible for collaborative efforts with the faculty and program head on the budget of the program. In addition, the instructor is responsible for the collaborative efforts with the faculty on the relationship for the clinical affiliations of the program.
The following listing of essential job duties indicates the general nature and level of work required in this job. This is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required in this job. Individuals assigned to this job may be asked to perform other duties as required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the job.
Assists in the design of the organization structure and coordinates all instructional
activities within the program to include but not be limited to:
- Developing core course syllabi and ongoing maintenance to ensure that syllabi are current
- Developing of course evaluations.
- Travel between campus locations may be required.
- Preparing semester class schedules in collaboration with all constituents served.
- Selecting and requisitioning of textbooks and related materials for all campuses.
- Preparing and administering of program budget.
- Requisitioning and accounting for supplies, materials, equipment and repairs to equipment used by the program at all campuses in collaboration with Dean of the School of Health Science and the Program Head.
- Maintaining appropriate records on students and faculty supervised.
- Making recommendations to the Dean of the School of Health Science and the Program Head concerning the development and expansion of courses and/or the program and the supervision of any expansion.
- Recommending new books, magazines, materials, and equipment for use in the LRC when requested by the Director of the LRC.
- Encouraging and supporting innovative teaching techniques among program faculty.
- Coordinates and participates in activities with Student Services, Student Learning and Success, and Enrollment and Outreach in the recruitment, screening and selection of students for the program/department.
- Responsible for program effectiveness, including outcomes, organization, administration, continuous review, planning, and development.
- Assists in the selection, orientation, and supervision of new full-time and part-time faculty at all campus locations.
- Maintains frequent contact with part-time instructors.
- Regularly participates as a member of assigned institutional committees.
- Select and approve appropriate Practicum sites.
- Provide orientation for the on-site supervisors.
- Provide oversight of the Practicum experience; including on-site assessment of student experience and the quality of learning opportunities at least once during each term students are assigned to the practicum site.
- Ensure appropriate and sufficient evaluation of student achievement in the practicum experience.
- At all times, instructional personnel should be aware of the need to continue the personal and professional growth necessary in the performance of a faculty member’s duties.
- Associate degree in the discipline.
- Minimum of two years of full-time employment or the equivalent in clinical practice as an HT or HTL preferred or ASCP BOC Certified CT, MLS or MLT
- Minimum of three years of experience in medical or laboratory education
- Holds ASCP-BOC U.S. certification as a HT or HTL, CT, MLS or MLT
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biology, Histotechnology or related field from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Light work that includes moving objects up to 30 pounds.
- Sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $51,384.00 - $69,000.00 per year
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities