132,210 Jobs at 2,116 Institutions.
Academic/Transfer Advisor (Part-time)-Advising & LifeMap
Location: Boston, MA Category: Part Time Non-Benefited Positions Posted On: Wed Jul 27 2022 Job Description:
Advising & LifeMap is seeking a professional to assist with providing continuous academic and transfer advising to prospective, new and continuing students at Bunker Hill Community College. The advisor will use a holistic student support model that includes proactive advising.
- Employ a Proactive Model of Advising with the goal of enabling students to make informed and appropriate decisions regarding their academic program and transfer pathway.
- Assist students in developing short and long term academic plans in alignment with the career and educational goals, student interests, skills and personal financial requirements.
- Facilitate transfer workshops.
- As part of the transcript evaluation process, communicate with academic departments regarding transferability of courses taken at other colleges; evaluate transcripts and certify for transfer credit.
- Assist with transfer activities and provide transfer information to faculty, staff and students on transferability of courses, scholarships, articulation agreements, etc.
- Assist students in creating a personalized educational plan utilizing electronic resources and with matching the student with a Learning Community relevant to prior experience, skill set and future goals.
- Assist with the registration of new, continuing and readmitted students.
- Refer students to individual faculty/program coordinators regarding course and program content as necessary.
- Master's degree in Education, Counseling, Psychology or a closely related field; with two (2) years of experience and/or training involving academic advisement and career development, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Proficiency in student information systems and technology as well as MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent, demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff and student population.
- Demonstrate and possess a strong understanding of cultural competency and how to communicate effectively to different audiences.
- Ability to work 2 days on campus and Friday 9am-11am.
- Experience working in a community college.
- Written and spoken proficiency in more than one language.
Salary: $30.03/hr. @ 13hrs/per week (non-benefited)
Review Date: open until filled
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*