This job has Expired
Faculty, Instructor, Full -Time, Engineering Technologies
Faculty, Instructor, Full -Time, Engineering Technologies
Function of Position:
Faculty teach classes, develop new educational materials, assist with curriculum review and assessment, perform professional duties, and participate in departmental and institutional functions, including department meetings and committee work. This faculty position will report to the chairperson of the Engineering Technologies Department. Academic departments are led by a peer who serves as a department chair for a three-year term. Faculty are responsible for preparing and teaching courses in the department and will be assigned to the Brighton Campus. Faculty may be expected to teach at another campus, extension site, or in an online, remote, and/or hybrid modality. The successful candidate will bring expertise in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering to MCC.
*This is a full-time, temporary opportunity that may be renewed annually. This position is eligible for paid time off and benefits.
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates and maintains current subject area knowledge
- Teaches courses and evaluates student performance as per guidelines set by the department and Monroe Community College
- Teaches multiple courses/sections each term, as outlined by the contract
- Prepares lesson plans and creates instructional materials and activities for student engagement
- Prepares Course Information Sheet/Syllabus/Outlines in accordance with department and College guidelines
- Establishes and maintains an engaging and supportive classroom environment
- Maintains student attendance records, grades, and other records according to department and College guidelines and submits them in a timely manner
- Maintains office hours according to contractual guidelines in order to support student learning
- Advises students concerning academic, career and related issues according to contractual guidelines
- Assists department with student recruitment, enrollment, and placement
- Assists department with student retention and completion initiatives
- Assists with development, review, and revision of department curriculum, including assessment of student learning and program review
- Develops innovative teaching pedagogies to facilitate learning
- Incorporates high-impact teaching practices into course design
- Attends department meetings as a contributing member
- Contributes to the College through Division, department, and College committees
- Actively engages in pedagogical and academic discipline professional development
- Assists department in faculty recruitment and peer evaluation
- Assists in the development of grant proposals and implementation of grant projects
- Works independently and in a team setting, demonstrating excellent time management skills to prioritize workflow and multi-task
- Participates in the ABET accreditation process at a program and course level
- Performs other duties and responsibilities assigned by the department chair and may be assigned courses at any MCC campus or extension site location
- Adheres to the College Code of Conduct.
- Contributes to, supports, and maintains an equitable, inclusive, and collaborative College environment.
- Maintains technological competencies utilized by the College.
- Commits to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college.
- Commits to professional growth. which includes seeking ongoing training in diversity, equity and inclusion to better serve students.
- Earned bachelor's degree or higher in any one of the following programs: Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, Electromechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or closely related field from a regionally-accredited higher education institution
- Five years of full-time industry experience in work related to the discipline-specific coursework required
- Ability to teach courses in the Electrical Engineering Technology, Mechanical Technology, as well as some courses in the Industrial Automation Technology program
- Commitment to supporting an inclusive campus environment
- Evidence of respect for and understanding of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, and needs
- Knowledge of, or experience in, implementing a variety of teaching strategies (industry trainings are acceptable)
- Ability to think outside of the box to problem solve
- Evidence of commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college
- Evidence of proficiency with technology
- Commitment to continued professional growth
- Evidence of effective communication (interpersonal, speaking, and writing) skills
- Experience and/or interest in developing and teaching online courses
- Earned master's degree in a related field from a regionally-accredited higher education institution
- College-level teaching experience; community college experience preferred
- Knowledge of, or experience in, implementing a variety of teaching strategies
- Awareness of the potential value of technology as a tool for teaching
- Experience with computerized student record management
- ABET accreditation experience
- Experience with Blackboard or Brightspace
- Experience and/or interest in teaching online courses
- Bilingual and able to read, write, and speak Spanish or other languages proficiently
MCC is currently testing a Pilot Telecommuting Program that runs from October 25th, 2021 to August 31st, 2022. Under the pilot program, this position may be eligible for remote work up to 5 days per pay period pending departmental need and leadership approval. The pilot program may be extended or terminated at any time at the College's discretion.
Monroe Community College prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, familial status, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, domestic violence, victim status, criminal conviction, or any other characteristic or status protected by state or federal laws or College policy in admissions, employment, and treatment of students and employees, or in any aspect of the business of the College. MCC provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
Notice of Non-Discrimination
Annual Campus Security & Fire Safety Report
MCC employees are not required but are encouraged to verify vaccination and boosters to protect yourself and others from COVID-19. If you have not verified vaccination and you plan to come to campus for any reason, you must test each week for COVID-19 at one of our free testing sessions held on the Brighton campus. Effective March 2nd 2022, mask wearing for fully vaccinated employees at MCC campuses and sites will be optional.
Please click here to learn more about MCC's COVID-19 policies.
Interested applicants must apply online and create an account by clicking on the APPLY NOW tab below. Returning applicants may login to their Monroe Community College Careers Account to apply for this position. See the FAQ page for guidance using our online system. Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Applicants MUST submit the following documents* to be considered for this position:
2. Cover Letter
3. Unofficial Transcripts*
*Official transcripts will be required upon employment. Applicants with foreign degrees must submit a completed credential evaluation comparing their foreign academic accomplishments to standards in the U.S.
After submitting your Resume/CV, (Step 4) the subsequent pages enable you to upload additional documents (e.g., cover letter, etc.).
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities