Faculty - BAS - Accounting
FACULTY - BAS - ACCOUNTING
Job Location : US-FL-Ocala
Job ID : 2022-1734
# of Openings : 1
Category : Instructional
To develop a healthy and caring environment that offers a variety of options and opportunities for active participation of students in the learning process. Major responsibilities of faculty include five areas: teaching, professional development, college service, service to students and public service, as defined in the “Role and Responsibilities of Faculty,” which is published in the Faculty Handbook.
At the College of Central Florida, our vision is to be “Your first choice for quality higher education.” We aim to accomplish this by providing a caring and exceptional learning environment that fosters the success of our students and community. Candidates considering becoming part of the CF family must be able to embrace and model this philosophy in their day-to-day responsibilities and demonstrate our standards: professional, responsive, informative, dependable and engaged.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to plan, prepare and teach course content and curriculum, utilizing effective methodologies of instruction and assessment tools for the enhancement of learning.
- Maintain expertise in field of study and teaching pedagogy.
- Maintain active participation in professional organizations as appropriate.
- Participate in enrollment management activities and sharing of professional expertise with colleagues and students beyond the classroom.
- Provide support and in some cases provide the leadership for student recruitment, marketing, and in general activities that “build” a program (A.S., B.A.S./B.S. degree and PSAV programs).
- Support student activities, include course and career guidance to students with a focus on fostering a love of learning.
- Share professional ideas and expertise to community and private agencies without gratuity.
- Assist in the development and planning of the departmental college course schedule.
- Utilize technology in teaching in communicating with students and in the delivery of instruction.
- Serve as lead faculty, program manager/department chair, and serve on committees when appropriate.
- Other duties as assigned.
- (These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Management retains the right to modify or add duties at any time.)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Acceptable eyesight (with or without correction)
- Acceptable hearing (with or without hearing aid)
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing on a telephone and on a computer for extended periods of time.
- Routinely requires sitting at a desk and viewing a display screen for extended periods of time.
- Ability to access, input, and retrieve information from a computer or other electronic device.
- Routinely requires moderate (up to 40 pounds) lifting and carrying
- Routinely requires Walking, Standing, Sitting, Kneeling, Stooping, Reaching up, Twisting and Bending.
- Ability to drive a college vehicle.
Works inside in a classroom/laboratory environment.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.)
- Master’s degree in the teaching discipline of Accounting or related field (a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline of Accounting) required. Doctorate preferred.
Two years’ full-time teaching experience or four years’ part-time teaching experience at the community college or university level or a combination of the two required.
* Education must be received from a regionally accredited institution.
Commitment to the college objective of providing instruction for a diverse student population. Excellent interpersonal, oral communication and writing skills. Knowledge of learning and assessment theories and methods and the relationship to the pedagogy of teaching. Possess a high level of technical skills and subject matter knowledge as it relates to a specific discipline. Evidence of initiative, resourcefulness and adaptability.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
College of Central Florida offers equal access and opportunity in employment, admissions and educational activities. The college will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or disability status in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of gender and violates this policy statement, the college will not tolerate such conduct. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: Dr. Mary Ann Begley, Title IX Coordinator/Equity Officer, Ocala Campus, Building 3, Room 117H, Ocala, FL 34474, 352-291-4410, or Equity@cf.edu
*Please mention you saw this ad on CommunityCollegeJobs.*
Community College Jobs in Popular Cities